Included in this download you will find 7 differentiated activities that you can give your students to choose from as a review of basic clothing, textiles and fashion concepts. Students love choosing their own activity! Each project has a color Project Description (for you to display so they can choose what they want to do) and a Project Assignment Page (print and give as a reminder of the assignment).
- Fabric Design – design 3 original swatches
- Suit Yourself - create a coordinated ensemble
- Fashion Advice - how to accessorize (skit)
- Color Wheel, Color Wheel – create a teaching game
- Design – design and accessory and give a sales pitch
- Thread Up – clothing makeover
- Wishy Washy Watch Me – laundry care song/parody
I've listed this as a 2 day lesson, but it could easily be extended to last more days depending on what parameters/expectations you give to your students concerning their final product. Just Print and Go!
These are wonderful projects for everyone to complete or your early finishers to work on while you help others. Please download the preview for more pictures.
Looking for other FCS Resources? Look here: Sarah Burk’s FCS Resources
You Might Also Like -
Caring for Children: Babysitting Basics
- Differentiated Instruction Activities: Child Development - Toddlers
- Pregnancy Education Project - Parenting & Child Development
- Family & Consumer Sciences: Family Studies Unit Activities
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the ‘Follow Me’ link next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Sarah Burk. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.