This activity is intended to be used with beginning level ESL students to familiarize with "there is/ there are" within the familiar school vocabulary context.
- Five pages that increase in difficulty
- Word to picture
- Rewrite the sentence
- Circle the correct form of there is/ there are
- Fill in the blank with is/ are
- Fill in the blank with "there is" or "there are"
- You could use this as a differentiated activity where different students receive a page according to their level.
- Could be used as review
- Teaching point could be taught on Monday and then each page is given as a "Do Now" for the remaining days of the week.