This set of activities is great for kicking off your Algebra I course. The problem sets are based on a map and will help make your back-to-school review, end-of-course review, or substitute work a little more interesting for students. The “A” option for each problem set includes middle school Pre-Algebra and Geometry concepts and is a great review. The “B” options challenge those students who are ready for the next step and include some more difficult Algebra applications. All activities can be used separately. Create unique problem sets by picking and choosing different half-sheets or use them all!
There are ten half-sheet problem sets based each based on the same map.
- Geometry Applications (differentiated sets A and B) reviewing middle school Geometry
- Pre-Algebra Applications (differentiated sets A and B)
- Algebra and Geometry (differentiated sets A and B) in which students write and solve linear equations to find missing angle measures and distances
- Distance, Rate, and Time (differentiated sets A and B)
- Ratios and Proportions (differentiated sets A and B)
These problem sets are versatile and can be done individually or in groups - mix and match!
For more great Pre-Algebra resources, try:
Critical Thinking / Writing in Math Question Pack: Pre-Algebra
Pi Day Stations
Slope-Intercept Form Inquiry Activity