Also included in
- Help your students develop close reading and rhetorical analysis skills with this discounted bundle of organizers, activities, and assessments!This bundle helps you teach rhetorical analysis to ALL students. -Support close reading skills with Costa's Levels of Questioning, close reading organizers,$26.32$29.25Save $2.93
Are you looking for a differentiated project to increase your students' engagement and choice while holding them accountable for rhetorical analysis skills and knowledge? This multi-option portfolio assignment allows students opportunities to exercise their creativity while honing key rhetorical analysis and close reading skills. AP English Language and Composition and on-level options allow for many different levels of differentiation.
This PDF file includes the following:
- Overview/Alignment to Standards
- Learning Objectives and Planning Tips
- Option 1: Teacher-Directed Portfolio: Overview (2 options), Rubrics
- Option 2: Student-Directed Portfolio: Overview, Rubrics
- Presentation Rubric
- Two different versions allow for significant differentiation.
- Students engage in rhetorical analysis with multiple forms of media.
- The assignments are open-ended, so they can apply to any text. The texts may be teacher- or student- determined.
- Students begin to apply principles of rhetoric through creative, analytical, and practical options.
This assignment has been honed through use with 300+ AP Language and Composition students!
This product is also available in the AP Language and Composition Bundle.
A friendly note: This work is protected by copyright. You may use my products in your classroom, but you may not distribute them (this includes posting them online for public access). The copyright information on each page must remain intact. If you are interested in sharing with your colleagues, please send them the link to my store! Multiple license discounts are available.
My blog: The Rhetor’s Toolbox
Pinterest: The Rhetor’s Toolbox on Pinterest