These chemistry homework pages are full of pictures, diagrams, unique problems, and unique approaches to learning chemistry. These worksheets cover a whole year of standard high school chemistry curriculum ranging from measurement, matter, atomic structure, equilibrium, all the way up to acids and bases and electrochemistry.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why should you purchase this bundle?
* This unique homework sheet bundle will help you teach a cohesive and consistent program all year.
* The homework pages contain consistent imagery throughout to represent molecules, formulas, and diagrams. You will no longer have to explain to students why molecules or chemical symbols on this page looks different from the pictures on this other page from some other source.
* These homework pages were carefully designed with a wealth of images! I have created many of the images myself and other images are licensed from professional designers. These homework pages are not plain worksheets with text questions that can be easily copied from a textbook. Each page is meant to help students to learn chemistry in a very visual, student-friendly way. Students circle, color, and analyze pictures and diagrams in ways that are far superior to plain text textbook questions.
* These homework pages were carefully designed to build upon each other to help students really understand chemistry. Scaffolding, building one concept upon another, is built into these pages. As I create them, I'm writing them carefully to help teachers to clearly identify what a student is struggling with as they do practice questions. Teachers can differentiate for their various class levels by using different pages to reenforce skills that a particular class needs.
To be clear, there are some pages that lend themselves to differentiation options and some are more basic pages that could be covered in any class - there are no duplicate pages. Some pages will be appropriate for students who struggle. Some pages will be designed to challenge the higher level student.
2. What units will this bundle contain?
All units are complete!
1. Measurement and Math Skills for Chemistry (17 student pages)
2. Properties of Matter (11 student pages)
3. Atomic Structure and Nuclear Chemistry (10 student pages)
4. Electron Arrangement (12 pages)
5. Periodic Table (11 Student Pages)
6. Nomenclature (7 pages)
7. Bonding (19 pages)
8. Chemical Reactions (20 pages)
9. Stoichiometry (16 pages)
10. Gas Laws (18 pages)
11. Thermochemistry and States of Matter (20 pages)
12. Equilibrium and Solutions (17 Pages)
13. Gibbs Free Energy, Entropy, and Equilibrium (5 pages)
14. Reaction Rates (7 pages)
15. Acids and Bases (10 pages)
16. Electrochemistry (6 pages - will post separately soon)
17. Introduction to Basic Organic Chemistry (3 pages - will post separately soon)
3. How many pages will each unit contain?
Each unit will have between 3-20 homework pages, depending on the length of the unit.
4. What will the format of each page be?
Each page will be unique. These are terrific for daily homework assignments because they don’t take too long to complete.
These pages have been carefully designed in Illustrator. I have created a unique set of questions to help students to review material taught in class and think deeper about the material. Many of the pages ask students to highlight or color something, to identify items in a diagram, to match related concepts, or interact with a topic in a new way. Many of the pages ask students to connect more than one concept; they are intended to help students see the bigger picture in each unit. Some diagrams may ask students to measure something from the picture.
A few pages ask students to use the internet to do a little research.
Another Unique Feature
: Each page has space ON the page for students to complete their work. I find that many students are less likely to do a homework assignment from a textbook than a worksheet and students are also more likely to lose their answers, or write their answers down but not copy the question. Having their questions and answers and work on the same page helps with learning, in my experience.
If you own any of my other resources, don’t worry about repeat pages. These homework pages are truly unique and separate from my activities. These homework pages will truly complement any activities or resources you already have or use in your class.
5. How do I handle homework?
First of all, I don’t grade it. I learned in my early teaching years that when I grade homework, I am rewarding students who copied off of their one studious friend the period before my class, and I am penalizing students who have limited educational time outside of school. I often give time at the end of the period to work on “homework” pages. Often, I start off the next day’s class with the answer key projected onto some sort of screen (ELMO or projector) so that students can check their answers as they walk in. My students know that they will do better in my class if they do the homework and I care about effort more than being correct.
6. What if you want to grade homework? Are answer keys included? Are they easy to grade?
Answer keys are included (for almost all of the pages, where it makes sense to have an answer key). I designed these pages to be pretty simple to grade, if you want to do that.
7. Why is each homework page only one page?
In my time as a teacher, I have noticed that for some reason, homework assignments that have more than one side of a page are just neglected by students. If I hand out a one sided homework page and tell them, here’s your homework, they say, yay, it’s just 1 page! They will often at least start it if not finish it before the end of the day. I really think there is a psychological barrier to starting an assignment with two sides. Call me crazy, but test it out! Try giving my homework assignments and watch your class actually do their homework!
If you would like to give more than one page, you're always welcome too. Just copy two together and you've got a two page long homework assignment!
A way to save paper would be to print all of the homework assignments and copy them as a packet. This is great to give students all at once in the beginning of the unit, so they have every page in advance, which works great if they’re absent!
If you have any questions, suggestions, or corrections, please leave a question on the question and answer section of my store and I will get back to you quickly!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
**Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.**
How to be the first to know about my discounts, freebies, and new products:
**Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
Purchasing my teaching resources allows you to:
* make copies for your own classes only.
* place this file on your own password-protected class page or server (Blackboard, Google Drive, etc)
AS LONG AS no other teacher has access to that class webpage. This resource is for you, the purchaser, alone.
By purchasing my teaching resource, you ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
* make copies other teachers or their classes.
* distribute this digital resource to other teachers.
* post this resource on any webpage or server that is available for public view, for other teachers.
If you and a team of teachers would like to use this resource together, please purchase additional licenses on the resource purchase page.