Do you want to hold your students accountable for spelling their spelling words correctly? Make spelling tests more meaningful?
Here is how...
Page 3 and 4 you need a back to back copy for each student.
Each week you need the weekly spelling copy for each student
INFORMATION ABOUT THE WORDS
The words on Page 4 are aligned with the Level 1 Fundations program. Page three come from the Fry list (I took the repeats between the 2 pages off of page 3).
***If your students need more words then use the Fry list 3, 4, 5, etc.
• During week 3 of school give the students the week 4 spelling list and the 2 sided copy of the weekly words and the extra words.
• Have the students draw a box with a pencil around the Fundations words that were assigned for the week. Page 4 (Week 3 is practice for homework so just send that page home as is)
• On the rest of the blank lines students need to box and write their choice words. She words come from page number 3.
• On Friday give each student their spelling test. Have students bring their spelling list so you can use it. I usually do this in a small group and go around in a circle. This usually takes 45 minutes.
• If the students get the words correct they highlight them on their page 3/4 list. If they do not get a word correct they do not get to highlight and it goes on the following weeks list.
NOTE*** I have the students pick their new words for the following week right after their test however if you choose to do it Monday morning that is up to you. Week 27 is blank as Fundations does not have trick words that week. I usually use some fun words for this week or align them to a math unit or science unit we are working on.