Also included in
This product provides directions and activities for students to create their own word list for a spelling review unit. It provides one week of independent practice for each student.
These are activities to review words missed on previous tests or in daily work. The activities are available for 12, 16, and 20 words. As a teacher, you can decide how many words are needed for your class or for each student. You can also decide how often to have a review week. You could do one after each of my bundles, for example, after completing the six weeks on long vowels, or whenever you feel a review is necessary.
This unit contains:
- Review lists pages in 12, 16, and 20 for individual students to create a review list or for the teacher to a class list.
- Create a list from “Help Wanted” pages in Interactive Notebook or other sources. Students write their lists, then these are checked for accuracy and appropriateness before they are copied for home and notebook. Pages for 12 words , 16 words, or 20 words are included.
- Study Cards form and suggestions. These cards are great for differentiated and interactive lessons.
- Word Chain activity sheets for 12, 16, or 20 words.
- Spelling fortune teller with a link to demonstrate how to fold it. This activity is also interactive, as well as, differentiated.
- My Word Find Challenge and directions page; again an opportunity for interaction among the students, as well as differentiation.
- $100 Sentences practices correct sentence formation and challenges students to create longer sentences.
- Spelling Frenzy Gameboard (2 -4 players) – each player uses their own stack of word cards. One of the other players reads the card for the player to spell the word.
- Pages for testing.