Also included in
- Does your classroom call for an engaging, active, student-centered game culture? If so, check out these original, creative activities for any middle or high school English class. This bundle currently consists of 10 grammar, figurative language, poetry, and writing games, but it is GROWING, which me$33.33$41.46Save $8.13
- Whether you've chosen words from literature, from test prep lists, from a vocabulary book, or hand-selected words you think your students should know, the exercises in this bundle will complement them perfectly. Designed to work with any vocabulary list, these activities, games, and practice workshe$22.50$25.99Save $3.49
Looking for a unique way to get students to retain their vocabulary word meanings?
The research-based activities in this product require students to think about their vocabulary words from different angles.
THIS RESOURCE CONTAINS...
44 task cards in Truth or Dare format help students to approach the words from many angles.
They cater to a variety of learning styles, and this same task card bunch can be used with the same Tier 2 list multiple times or with different lists as the year progresses. Simply laminate and store.
Truth cards feature more straight-forward, academic style questions. Dare cards require more creativity and critical thinking.
Use these vocabulary truth or dare cards as a review game, learning center or station activity, or bell ringers, among other options.
In addition to the Vocabulary Truth or Dare game, this resource also contains an EDITABLE choice board for any vocabulary list.
The choice board features twelve different assignment options that will help you provide a personalized learning experience for students at a variety of readiness levels.
Additionally, the editable rubric allows the teacher to conference with the student to establish expectations together, thereby setting the student up for success.
POSSIBILITIES FOR USE...
While teachers could use these vocabulary activities to fill precious extra classroom moments with valuable study time, they can also be used as an assignment that would last an entire class period. Use as bell ringers, station activities, review sessions, and more.
These practice exercise is perfect for an ELA class (middle or high school), but would also be appropriate for most Tier 2 lists. The activities are challenging, so I would not recommend this file for elementary-level students. The cards come with a title sheet and a student answer sheet.
The goals of these vocabulary activities are as follows:
- Engage students in meaningful 21st century learning
- Differentiate for various learning styles and readiness levels
- Provide meaningful practice and repetition with vocabulary words to increase likelihood of retention
- Allow creative avenues for associations to occur
- Offer student-centered modes of studying
- Make learning relevant by incorporating contemporary concepts
Through fun yet meaningful repetition, your students will enjoy practicing their vocabulary words, and they might just ask you for more!
Enjoy, and please leave feedback regarding the ways these worked for you!
Note: The vocabulary game is a secure PDF, and the choice board is included as an editable PowerPoint and a secure PDF.
*** Loving this? Try these related brain-based vocabulary games and activities.
- Vocabulary in Writing
- Vocabulary Picture Associations
- Formal Vocabulary to Replace Cliches
- Ultimate Differentiated Vocabulary Bundle
You can find more unique, research-based ELA products by visiting my store.
Stay in touch:
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
©Reading and Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.