Differentiated Writing APPLE KIDS THEMED for fall themed unit! Writing activities for beginning writers or for special education. Created by Jan McCleskey, MA, OTR The Fine Motor Store.
Three types of writing activities:
1. 7 and Write Activities - The class reads the paragraph about an apple kid. Then the students circle the picture/word sentence. Next the student will copy the sentence. This file also includes adaptive handwriting paper for differentiated instruction. For example, the teacher can write the sentence and the student will copy directly below into rectangular boxes.
2. 10 Cut and Write Sentence Cards - The student will put the picture/word cards in order to form a sentence. Perfect for low or non-readers. Ask the student to find the card with the upper case letter (club for first word in the sentence). Next have the student find the period (clue - this card is at the end of the sentence. Finally, have the student put the picture/word cards in order to form the sentence. The student will then copy the sentence on to handwriting paper, or the included adapted handwriting paper.
3. 7 Outline trace and copy activities - This is the easiest activity and perfect for students in special education that struggle with handwriting. The student can trace the sentence, or trace and copy the sentence. Recommended - have the student trace one letter then copy one letter. This helps with the motor patterning when copying.
This file also includes some extra activities - fill in the blank, label the parts of the apple, etc. See preview
If you like the types of writing differentiation, I have many files of each type in my store. Look for: "Circle and Write", "Outline Trace and Write" or "Cut and Write" files. Lots of different themes for each type of file! Search the above titles in Jan McCleskey, MA, OTR The Fine Motor Store.
Writing Sentences: Read, Circle and Write Sentences FALL KIDS THEMED
Try other Cut and Write Files in Jan's Store:
Writing - FALL CUT AND WRITE Sentences with Dolch sight words!
Writing: Ocean Sea Animals Cut and Write Word/Picture Sentences
Handwriting: Valentine Cut Glue and Write Picture Word Sentence for Center Time
Also check out other picture word sentences for K-1st or special education:
Handwriting: Picture Word Sentences for Special Needs Writing Practice
Autism and Special Education: TWEEN Picture/Word Circle and Write Sentences
Holiday/Winter Circle, Draw and Write Sentences with Word Pictures
Handwriting: Spring Themed Circle and Write Picture Word Sentences
Picture Word Sentences for K - 1st or Special Education - MONSTER THEMED!
Tips for Customer:
Become a follower of The Fine Motor Store for news of sales, freebies and new products:
• Click on the green star next to The Fine Motor Store logo. You will receive email updates about this store!
Earn TPT credit toward future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page. Simply click on the Provide Feedback button to give a quick rating and short comment for your purchases. You earn TPT credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I always read and appreciate customer feedback!
My Teacher's Pay Teachers store:
The Fine Motor Store
THANK YOU for visiting The Fine Motor Store!