This set of cards can be used to review all the various differentiation techniques with Calculus students. You will find sums and differences, products and quotients, composite functions, trigonometry, inverse trigonometric functions, and implicit differentiation.
Suggestions for working with the cards:
1. Post the cards around the classroom (either a set of 10 problems ♡, 10 problems ♧ or 20 problems ♢).
2. The 10 ♡ cards are the more basic differentiations and the 10 ♧ cards involve more composite functions. The 20 ♢ cards are a combined set.
3. Assign different students to start at different numbers. Distribute copies of the sheet with coordinate grids. Students should record the number of the card they are working on in the small square at the top left of the grid. When the work on the problem, they then go on a scavenger hunt to find the card with their answer in the bottom right corner of a new card. If they can’t find their answer they need to check their work again. When they find their answer on a card, they record that number in the next square and solve the new problem. Students keep working on problem for the allotted time.
4. The goal would be to complete as many questions as they can in the allotted amount of time.
5. Awards can be given for the number of problems completed by each student.