Earth day is a great day to think about how to take care of the earth, but do you need some differentiated activities to let your students have a more hands on approach to earth day. This tab book as 2 to 3 differentiated tabs for each tab in the book. This way you can customize your tab book to use the tabs that you want for your class. This book includes reading, writing, researching, and creating activities.
The activities included in this tab book that you can choose from are:
Cover page tabs:
1. What is Earth Day Research Activity
2. My Earth Day Plan
1. Think About It: Draw or write how you can reduce your use of electricity, water, and plastic bags.
2. Research what it means to reduce. Create a plan for you to reduce of one natural resource. Make a list of 3 reasons why to reduce your use of this item.
3. Sort pictures of items that you can reduce your use of.
1. Pick 3 items and tell how you can reuse them.
2. Research ways to reduce glass, paper and plastic.
3. Create an invention using items to reuse. Students draw a picture of their invention and describe how it can be used.
1. Research why types of items can be recycled. Circle items that can be recycled.
2. Circle items that can be recycled: glass in red, paper in blue, and plastic in green.
3. Look through magazines and cut out pictures of glass, paper, and plastic that can be recycled.
4. Research ways to recycle glass, paper, and plastic.
1. Write An Earth Day Acrostic Poem
2. Research a way to conserve something to save Earth. Write a plan to help your community through conservation. Answer what does conservation mean to you.