Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
3.53 MB | 78 pages
From a young age, children are naturally curious about how their body breaks down and processes foods. It’s entertaining, it’s fascinating, and let’s face it, some parts of it are downright embarrassing and funny! Why not tap into this natural curiosity by investigating this amazing system at school?
This is a lesson plan bundle. In this bundle you will get both my 36-page SmartBoard introduction to the Digestive System as well as my 3-week Unit on the Digestive System at a 20% savings over the individual purchase price!
In this three-week investigation, students will:
* Identify and label the parts of the digestive system
* Learn about how the digestive system functions
* Estimate and measure
* Follow the scientific method*
* Make hypotheses
* Measure and observe
* Make written and drawn observations
* Draw conclusions
* Answer comprehension questions
* Reflect on the experiment
* Conduct 4 different experiments designed to simulate digestion and the functions of various organs in the digestive system
* Research and learn about one specific organ in the system in depth
* Create a 3-dimensional representation of the organ they research
* Collaborate with classmates to create a three-dimensional mural of the digestive system
INCLUDED IN THE 42-PAGE CURRICULUM:
* 5 pages of 'Teacher Tips' - lessons learned from experience
* 29 pages of Student recording sheets
* 8 pages of information and keys
INCLUDED IN THE 36-PAGE SMARTBOARD PRESENTATION:
* 36 high interest interactive slides
* Basic information about the digestive system as a whole
* Dedicated information on each of the major organs in the digestive system
* Slides to drag and drop the parts of the digestive system and label a diagram of the digestive system (as well as a key to drag and check student answers on the SmartBoard)
* Two slides featuring a Jeopardy® style game to review the information learned on previous slides (Dedicated to reviewing the functions of each organ)
Everything you need for a great unit on the Digestive System!