This product helps students understand the importance of analyzing archaeological artifacts in order to understand ancient civilizations and societies. Throughout the course of this activity, students will:
* Reassemble an archaeological artifact.
* Analyze the artifact in order to better understand its purpose and the type of society
that produced it.
* Match the ancient artifact to its modern counterpart.
* Analyze the change in the matching pair of artifacts over time and discuss the
importance of these changes.
* Complete a writing prompt to determine what future archaeologists will determine
about the current time period.