Also included in
- This is a heavily discounted MEGA bundle of all of the reading centers and games for 4th and 5th grade that I have available in my TeachersPayTeachers store. Here are the bundles included in this MEGA bundle (click on each resource to read more about the centers included):Fiction Reading ComprehensiPrice $119.00Original Price $237.00Save $118.00
- Reading online and digital reading activities can be engaging and interactive! This bundle of digital reading activities for practicing 4th and 5th grade reading skills will engage your students and elevate their learning and practice.Digital Reading Activities Already Included:Digital Theme ActivitPrice $39.00Original Price $56.00Save $17.00
Help your students master using context clues to determine the meaning of unknown words with these digital reading activities (and printable versions!)
Note: These digital context clues activities also include a modified printable version! Use these to better meet the needs of all of your students and their tech access.
*There are THREE types of activities, with TWO-FOUR practice opportunities for each type. See the previews or the next section for more details about each type of activity.
*There are TEN total digital practice activities for using context clues to define unknown words.
*Visual step-by-step directions are included for each activity to help the students complete the digital activities independently and correctly.
*Answer keys are included in the PDF file.
*These are to be used with Google Slides or any other platform where students can access a PowerPoint file. Directions and support are only included for Google Slides users.
*These are not self-grading.
Digital Context Clues Activity 1 - The students read a text. They use context clues from the text to define underlined words. They will highlight the context clues they used. There are FOUR of these.
Digital Context Clues Activity 2 - The students read a text. They use context clues from the text to define underlined words and drag and drop the best definition from choices. On a separate slide, they use evidence from the text to prove their choices. There are FOUR of these.
Digital Context Clues Activity 3 - The students read two texts that use the same word but with a different meaning. They use context to determine the meaning of each word as it is used in the text. They will also write unique sentences using the definition from each text. There are TWO of these.
Printable versions are also included for when there are issues with tech access or tech equity...or if you just prefer the printable version. :)
The printable context clues activities have been modified to work in a printable format.
They are black and white, ink friendly and in a printable size.
The directions were also slightly modified to remove digital only directions (such as dragging and dropping).
Need More Digital Reading Activities for 4th and 5th Grade?
- Reading Review Task Cards with Google Forms
- Reading Choice Boards: Fiction Skills
- 4th and 5th Grade Reading Intervention
- 4th and 5th Grade Digital Reading Review
- Digital Theme Activities
- Digital Inference Activities
- Digital Poetry Activities
- Digital Text Structure Activities
- Digital Color by Reading Activities
- Digital Reading Sorts
- Digital Reading Anchor Charts
- Digital Reading Flipbooks
- Digital Reading Notebooks