Also included in
- This is a heavily discounted MEGA bundle of all of the reading centers and games for 4th and 5th grade that I have available in my TeachersPayTeachers store. Here are the bundles included in this MEGA bundle (click on each resource to read more about the centers included):Fiction Reading ComprehensiPrice $119.00Original Price $237.00Save $118.00
- Reading online and digital reading activities can be engaging and interactive! This bundle of digital reading activities for practicing 4th and 5th grade reading skills will engage your students and elevate their learning and practice.Digital Reading Activities Already Included:Digital Theme ActivitPrice $39.00Original Price $56.00Save $17.00
Main idea is always a tricky skill for students to master and they often need a lot of varied practice. Use these digital main idea activities to offer a variety of practice opportunities to help your students master finding the main idea of nonfiction text.
Note: These digital main idea activities also include a modified printable version! Use these to better meet the needs of all of your students and their tech access.
*This main idea resource includes practice for finding one main idea of a given text that is short in length.
*There are SIX types of activities, with TWO practice opportunities for each type (one activity has 3). See the previews or the next section for more details about each type of activity.
*There are THIRTEEN total digital practice activities.
*Visual step-by-step directions are included for each activity to help the students complete the digital activities independently and correctly.
*Answer keys are included in the PDF file.
*These are to be used with Google Slides or any other platform where students can access a PowerPoint file. Directions and support are only included for Google Slides users.
*These are not self-grading.
Digital Main Idea Activity 1 - The students write the main idea and use semi-transparent rectangles to highlight the supporting details. There are TWO of these activities.
Digital Main Idea Activity 2 - The students write the main idea and summarize the supporting details. There are TWO of these activities.
Digital Main Idea Activity 3 - The students complete a graphic organizer by writing the main idea and three supporting details. There are THREE of these activities.
Digital Main Idea Activity 4 - The students write the main idea. They then find the best title that could be used for the text and defend their choice. There are TWO of these activities.
Digital Main Idea Activity 5 - The students determine the main idea from 5 choices and prove their choice. There are TWO of these activities.
Digital Main Idea Activity 6 - The students read two texts on the same topic. They determine the shared topic and the main idea of each text. There are TWO of these. One has no choices for the main ideas and one does.
Printable versions are also included for when there are issues with tech access or tech equity...or if you just prefer the printable version. :)
The printable main idea activities have been modified to work in a printable format.
They are black and white, ink friendly and in a printable size.
The directions were also slightly modified to remove digital only directions (such as dragging and dropping).
Need More Digital Reading Activities for 4th and 5th Grade?
- Reading Review Task Cards with Google Forms
- Reading Choice Boards: Fiction Skills
- 4th and 5th Grade Reading Intervention
- 4th and 5th Grade Digital Reading Review
- Digital Theme Activities
- Digital Inference Activities
- Digital Poetry Activities
- Digital Text Structure Activities
- Digital Color by Reading Activities
- Digital Reading Sorts
- Digital Reading Anchor Charts
- Digital Reading Flipbooks
- Digital Reading Notebooks