Also included in
- This is a heavily discounted MEGA bundle of all of the reading centers and games for 4th and 5th grade that I have available in my TeachersPayTeachers store. Here are the bundles included in this MEGA bundle (click on each resource to read more about the centers included):Fiction Reading ComprehensiPrice $119.00Original Price $237.00Save $118.00
- Reading online and digital reading activities can be engaging and interactive! This bundle of digital reading activities for practicing 4th and 5th grade reading skills will engage your students and elevate their learning and practice.Digital Reading Activities Already Included:Digital Theme ActivitPrice $39.00Original Price $56.00Save $17.00
Reading nonfiction text is a complex skill that many students need consistent and targeted practice with. These digital reading activities provide much needed practice with various nonfiction reading skills for grades 4-5.
Note: These digital multiple accounts activities also include modified printable versions! Use these to better meet the needs of all of your students and their tech access.
*This digital nonfiction reading resource includes practice opportunities for the following nonfiction reading skills:
- Answering nonfiction comprehension questions
- Cause and effect
- Compare and contrast
- Analyzing visuals
- Text features
*There are TEN types of activities, with 2-4 practice opportunities for each type. See the previews or the next section for more details about each type of activity.
*There are 27 total digital reading activities.
*Visual step-by-step directions are included for each activity to help the students complete the digital activities independently and correctly.
*Answer keys are included in the PDF file.
*These are to be used with Google Slides or any other platform where students can access a PowerPoint file. Directions and support are only included for Google Slides users.
*These are not self-grading.
Nonfiction Comprehension #1 - The students will read a text and answer four comprehension questions. There are THREE of these activities.
Nonfiction Comprehension #2 - The students will read a text and answer four comprehension questions. They will also highlight the text evidence. There are THREE of these activities.
Cause and Effect: Focus on Effects - The students will read a text and complete a cause and effect graphic organizer by typing in the effects of a given topic. There are TWO of these activities.
Cause and Effect: Focus on Causes - The students will read a text and complete a cause and effect graphic organizer by typing in the causes of a given topic. There are TWO of these activities.
Compare and Contrast: Type the Answers - The students will read a text and then write to compare and contrast the subjects of the text. There are TWO of these activities.
Compare and Contrast: Drag and Drop - The students will read a text and then sort statements to complete a Venn diagram. There are TWO of these activities.
Analyzing Visuals - The students will read a text and analyze a given visual. They will answer questions that focus on the visual and its connection to the text. There are FOUR of these activities.
Nonfiction Text Features #1 - The students will review text features by matching text features with their definitions. There are THREE of these slides.
Nonfiction Text Features #2 - The students will review text features by dragging and dropping given text features to answer questions. There are THREE of these slides.
Nonfiction Text Features #3 - The students will apply what they know about text features by answering questions and explaining their reasoning. There are THREE of these slides.
Printable versions are also included for when there are issues with tech access or tech equity...or if you just prefer the printable version. :)
The printable nonfiction reading activities have been modified to work in a printable format.
They are black and white, ink friendly and in a printable size.
The directions were also slightly modified to remove digital only directions (such as dragging and dropping).
Need More Digital Reading Activities for 4th and 5th Grade?
- Reading Review Task Cards with Google Forms
- Reading Choice Boards: Fiction Skills
- 4th and 5th Grade Reading Intervention
- 4th and 5th Grade Digital Reading Review
- Digital Theme Activities
- Digital Inference Activities
- Digital Poetry Activities
- Digital Text Structure Activities
- Digital Color by Reading Activities
- Digital Reading Sorts
- Digital Reading Anchor Charts
- Digital Reading Flipbooks
- Digital Reading Notebooks