Also included in
- This is a heavily discounted MEGA bundle of all of the reading centers and games for 4th and 5th grade that I have available in my TeachersPayTeachers store. Here are the bundles included in this MEGA bundle (click on each resource to read more about the centers included):Fiction Reading ComprehensiPrice $119.00Original Price $237.00Save $118.00
- Reading online and digital reading activities can be engaging and interactive! This bundle of digital reading activities for practicing 4th and 5th grade reading skills will engage your students and elevate their learning and practice.Digital Reading Activities Already Included:Digital Theme ActivitPrice $39.00Original Price $56.00Save $17.00
Teaching students to summarize fiction stories doesn't have to tedious or boring with these digital summarizing activities (fiction stories only).
Note: These digital summarizing activities also include a modified printable version! Use these to better meet the needs of all of your students and their tech access.
*There are SIX types of activities, with TWO practice opportunities for each type. See the previews or the next section for more details about each type of activity.
*There are TWELVE total digital practice activities for summarizing fiction stories.
*Visual step-by-step directions are included for each activity to help the students complete the digital activities independently and correctly.
*Answer keys are included in the PDF file.
*These are to be used with Google Slides or any other platform where students can access a PowerPoint file. Directions and support are only included for Google Slides users.
*These are not self-grading.
Digital Summarizing Activity 1 - The students will read a short story and write a 1-2 sentence summary of the story. There are TWO of these activities.
Digital Summarizing Activity 2 - The students will read a short story. They will choose three details that should be included in a summary. They will then write the summary. There are TWO of these activities.
Digital Summarizing Activity 3 - The students will read a short story and a given summary. They will analyze the summary and write what is wrong with it. There are THREE of these activities.
Digital Summarizing Activity 4 - The students will read a longer story and two given summaries. They will analyze the summary and drag and drop the mistake made by the summary. They will then write to explain the mistake. There are TWO of these activities.
Digital Summarizing Activity 5 - The students will read a short story and complete a Somebody-Wanted-But-So-Then organizer. There are TWO of these activities.
Digital Summarizing Activity 6 - The students will read a longer story and complete a Somebody-Wanted-But-So-Then organizer. They will use the organizer to write a summary. There are TWO of these.
Printable versions are also included for when there are issues with tech access or tech equity...or if you just prefer the printable version. :)
The printable summarizing activities have been modified to work in a printable format.
They are black and white, ink friendly and in a printable size.
The directions were also slightly modified to remove digital only directions (such as dragging and dropping).
Need More Digital Reading Activities for 4th and 5th Grade?
- Reading Review Task Cards with Google Forms
- Reading Choice Boards: Fiction Skills
- 4th and 5th Grade Reading Intervention
- 4th and 5th Grade Digital Reading Review
- Digital Theme Activities
- Digital Inference Activities
- Digital Poetry Activities
- Digital Text Structure Activities
- Digital Color by Reading Activities
- Digital Reading Sorts
- Digital Reading Anchor Charts
- Digital Reading Flipbooks
- Digital Reading Notebooks