Explore the third of eight lessons in our digital art curriculum with this intro to Photoshop for kids. This course is a digital art foundation course designed for children age 8-12.
In this course, students learn basic knowledge and skills essential for digital drawing and design. Working with Adobe Photoshop, a popular software used by professional artists, students are introduced to the basic working methods and techniques in digital art and design.
Through integrated lectures, demonstrations, exercises, and hands-on projects, students will develop their own portfolio that demonstrates the depiction of art elements. Research tools, analysis of work, and critiques are also emphasized to help student develop ideas and think creatively.
This is a beginner class suitable for those who have no prior drawing
experience. We have simplified the approach to using Photoshop by focusing on tools and their results rather than teaching the software. Kids are immediately using and creating digital art with Photoshop from the get-go.
In this lesson, children will:
1. Recognize and explain the elements of value and colour
3. Use the appropriate tools in Photoshop
4. Apply the learning in a digital artwork
This complete lesson bundle contains:
1. Lv1_CPS_Lesson3_LessonPlan.pdf (For teacher's reference)
2. Lv1_CPS_Lesson3_Lecture.pdf (75 min lesson lecture directly usable)
3. Lesson3_Checklist.jpg (supplement printout worksheet)
4. Lesson3_colourwheel.psd (Directly usable project template)
5. 5 visual examples
Please share your feedback with us!