Products in this Bundle (4)
Looking for Environmental Science or Earth Science lessons for a 1:1 classroom or virtual learning environment? This bundle of lessons, labs, and activities is the perfect fit! Your students will be engaged while learning about the composition of the air, layers of the atmosphere, global wind and climate, and biogeochemical cycles. Even better- you can assign the lessons to your students using Google Classroom or other online platforms in a SNAP! No more planning!
▶️How can I use this in a virtual learning environment?
- The digital files can be dropped right into your Google Drive. From there, you can assign the student files to your class.
- Students can use links, videos, and other embedded items to learn new concepts and practice. Students type directly on the pages and can submit them electronically back to you or print them.
➤Each lesson includes:
1. Lesson- Content & vocabulary gained through web-quests, internet links, videos, and/or PowerPoint presentations. Students type notes on digital documents using their individual devices.
2. Activity- Labs, games, or class activities designed to apply the concepts learned in the lesson. Some of these can be completed independently on a student device. Some will need to be done in a classroom setting.
3. Assessment- Quiz, assignment, exit ticket, or project as a culmination and review of lesson
4. Extension pages- Resources to practice graphing, data analysis, critical thinking, or research
➤Topics: composition of the air, air pressure, layers of the earth's atmosphere, ozone layer, Earth's seasons, global wind patterns, Coriolis effect, El Niño, La Niña, convection currents, local weather patterns, weather mapping, biogeochemical cycles, nitrogen cycle, phosphorus cycle, carbon cycle, greenhouse gases, global warming
The notes and projects are designed to facilitate independent learning on student devices and are ideal for sub plans or simply to encourage self-instruction of concepts. Activities and extension pages provide opportunities for class discussion and interaction while adequately preparing students in data analysis and graphing.
Note: This bundle is perfect for a distance learning situation, but some lab activities may need to be saved until students are in the classroom.
*For details on each of the lessons, please click on the PREVIEW button for each individual lesson.
*Please note: This paperless bundle is made for a classroom in which students have access to their own device (1:1 classes). If this is not true of your classroom, you may want the printable version of this bundle.
This curriculum is ideally geared towards high school students, but is appropriate for any student looking for an independent, student-centered approach to learning.
This resource is saved in a Google Drive folder, so you will need Google Drive in order to access it.
- With this purchase, TpT will automatically make a copy of the folder, create a TpT folder in your Drive, and add the folder to your Google Drive. In this process, TpT will ask for permission to do this. Here is a link for more information: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Help/buyer-questions/why-does-TpT-need-access-to-my-Google-drive-for-me-to-use-certain-digital-resources
➤My Environmental Science Series includes lessons for each sphere of the earth:
➤What curriculum could I use with these lessons?
This lesson is ideally geared towards high school students and would work well with a general level Environmental Science or Earth Science textbook. It addresses the following topics in AP Environmental Science (APES):
- 1.4: The Carbon Cycle
- 1.5: The Nitrogen Cycle
- 1.6: The Phosphorus Cycle
- 4.4: Earth's Atmosphere
- 4.5: Global Wind Patterns
- 4.7: Solar Radiation and Earth's Seasons
- 4.8: Earth's Geography and Climate
- 4.9: El Niño and La Niña
- 9.1: Stratospheric Ozone Depletion
- 9.2: Reducing Ozone Depletion
- 9.3: The Greenhouse Effect
⭐For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store: My TpT Store
You can also
⭐Subscribe to my newsletter for freebies and teaching tips
⭐Follow me on Instagram
⭐Check out my Facebook page
⭐Follow me on Pinterest