DIGITAL Back to School Activities / Beginning of the Year "Get To Know You" Activities for Middle / High School - Engaging and educational DIGITAL literacy activities for Back to School with your new students. Get to know your students' personalities and get a sense of their writing skills at the same time. A great way to start off a new school year!
Print or share with your students digitally! It allows for easy differentiation! Saves paper!
**These activities are all on Google Slides™ (48 pages) and can be used with Google Classroom™, MS OneDrive™, and other digital platforms - great for 1:1 classrooms! My students love this as an introduction to digital activities!
All activities in the Back to School pack can be differentiated for varying ages and abilities!
- Student Survey -Fun two-page survey to learn about your students
- Would You Rather…? -Learn more about how and what your students want to learn
- Time to Hit the Books – Poetry Writing Activity -Use school-themed idioms to inspire poetry for back to school!
- 10 Things About Me - Easy get to know you activity – use in small groups or whole class!
- Things I Am Looking Forward to Learning This Year -Explore what your students want to learn in the upcoming year
- Movie Madness - Students insert their favorite summer memories on a film strip and then write
- Personal Logo / Motto Activity - Students develop their own personal logo and motto
- World’s Greatest Class / School -Students create a digital poster to advertise the merits of their school
- The Perfect School - Students write about what their perfect school would be like.
- The Perfect Book - Student reading survey and writing activity
- Goals – Past, Present, Future - Goal setting activities
- “Ball” About Me - Students will decorate a volleyball, soccer ball, or basketball with symbols, colors, and words to represent themselves. Makes a great display!
- Story of Me - Students decorate a book stack with symbols, colors, and words to represent themselves. Makes a great display!
- Getting Social - Using social media templates, students describe their summer.
- Throwback Thursday -Using Instagram templates, students describe their summer.
- Soundtrack of Me - Students create a playlist that represents their summer.
- “Tweet” Me - Using Twitter as inspiration, students reflect and set goals. Excellent display!
- Fantastic Five - Organizer to review ideas from last year or reflect on the summer.
- Top 10 - Graphic organizers to list their Top 10 – blank one for you to use as you want.
- Back to School Writing Prompts - Four back to school writing prompts on themed paper
**Please Note - this resource is not editable.**
To see all of my INTERACTIVE eRESOURCES for Google Classroom™ / OneDrive™ click the link below!
Also check out my classroom poster sets - perfect for back to school!
Looking for a more traditional pen and paper version of this assignment? Check out the link below!
(C) Addie Williams, Addie Education
Google Drive, Google Classroom, GAFE