The Digital Beginning Sound Match
resource will help your students practice and master their identification of beginning sounds.
- With Sounds (in .pptx file)
- Without Sounds (in .ppt file)
- Directions Page for the Teacher
- Beginning Sound Match Activity with and without sounds.
- Directions for students to read OR listen to (on version with sounds).
- "Check It" Button for students to self-check.
How It Works:
Students look at and identify a picture by name. They select the appropriate beginning sound from a given group of letters. Students have the option of hearing the picture name read to them.
Quicktime is needed to play/listen to letter names and directions. Recorded sounds only work on PowerPoint Versions 2003 or newer.
Need more digital resources for letter and sound identification? Check out the Digital Phonics Pack
and these other (included) resources:
Letter Sound Flash Cards
Letter ID Fluency
Letter Sound Fluency
Listen and Find Letter ID
Letter Style Match
Uppercase/Lowercase Letter Sort