Digital Book Club Activities Literature Circles Google Slides Printable
- Google Apps™
- Internet Activities
What educators are saying
Digital Literature circles are an engaging way to build and deepen understanding of books, and at the same time, students are actively practicing speaking and listening standards. Whether you have students meeting once a week to do a group video chat, or meeting in person in the regular classroom, these digital literature circle activities are ideal for building comprehension. Each literature circle has six students completing individual jobs before meeting to discuss the text, including Awesome Artist, Creative Connector, Character Captain, Discussion Director, Super Summarizer, Word Wizard. With a little guided and explicit instruction, literature circles become book clubs with students working together and the routines quickly turn independent.
This resource is a Google Slides file and contains the following:
- Expectations slide with editable expectations
- Job Descriptions slide with editable descriptions (plus, an option to delete/add more jobs if you use others)
- Student Groups slide with editable table size so you can create multiple groups (color-coded for easier managing who is in each group)
- Job Assignments slide (color-coded to easily move students from one job to the next, or use student photos for an at-a-glance "who does what" approach)
- Reading Assignments slide templates (color-coded to match each group, directions to add your own book cover images, directions, due dates, text, video chat times, etc.). IMPORTANT: these book assignment slides are not filled out with texts, directions and questions, they are templates for you to add your own based on your grade level and student reading abilities. I have included several examples to give you an idea of how they can be used.
- 6 Job slides (one for each job, pre-made slides for students to complete, as well as editable versions for you to change and make more suitable for your needs)
- Self Reflection slide (plus, editable version to change the questions)
- Group Reflection slide (plus, editable version to change the questions)
All rights reserved © Teaching in the Tongass