Also included in
- Provide engaging, visual layers of accountability during independent reading. This independent reading accountability bundle contains SIX ways to help students grow as readers. Track reading progress, volume, book diet, and book fit while providing creative alternatives to the dreaded reading log.It$9.00$12.50Save $3.50
Looking for a way to build community with independent reading online? This resource features two different versions of digital bookshelves built for Google Slides. They are visually appealing and allow students to showcase what they are reading.
This digital bookshelf is ideal for helping middle and high school students with...
- sharing book recommendations with others
- communicating reading progress between teacher and student
- tracking reading volume
- analyzing book diet and literary genres
- building metacognition around book fit
AND...if you have digital versions of your classroom texts (audio, eBooks, or PDFs), you can link them to the book covers in this resource to create an online classroom reading shelf...a community for your whole class!
Part I - Student Bookshelf -
This resource is designed to be more of an individual shelf for students to use to track reading, communicate with their teacher, reflect on reading, and set goals.
- 1 video tutorial with tech tips and modeling for students
- 1 written directions slide
- 5 template slides for students to choose from so they can label their reading ladders in a way that makes sense in order to organize their reading
- 1 digital bookshelf example slide
- 1 literary genre labeling example slide
- 1 literary genre editable slide so students can add their own genre labels and color code their bookshelf additions to display their reading diet
Part II - Our Class Digital Bookshelf -
This resource is a free tool that looks like Instagram, and it's a way for students to contribute to a whole class Slides document in order to share what they just finished reading, what they are currently reading, and what they want to read next. It works well in conjunction with My Digital Bookshelf because it's more of an in-the-moment sharing tool, whereas My Digital Bookshelf is intended to be used all year long.
This digital bookshelf resource is ideal for 1:1 classrooms and distance learning or hybrid and blended learning formats. Students can share their reading with their teacher and classmates, make book recommendations, build their "to read" list, and reflect on their life as a reader.
I have a few other similar resources in my store. Please read the descriptions below to help you figure out what will best fit your circumstances.
My Reading Ladder - This is a similar resource to My Digital Bookshelf, but it is not digital, and it goes more in detail with information about finding a "just right book" for middle and high school students. Out with reading levels. In with book fit and teaching students how to be successful at selecting books they will enjoy.
Reading Habits Minilesson - If you're like to teach students how to develop reading habits that will last for a lifetime, this resource contains recommendations for a minilesson, including research and a sketch notes page. Plus, you'll find some bookish inspirational classroom posters.
Book Spines - This resource contains book spines you can use to add to a physical classroom wall to enhance the reading community and culture. It also has a tracking sheet for teacher organization.
Looking for more reading resources? Try these.
Stay in touch:
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
©Reading & Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.