Digital Citizenship Skit and Lessons
Digital Citizenship is a concept which helps teachers, technology leaders and parents to understand what students/children/technology users need to know to use technology appropriately. Digital Citizenship is more than just a teaching tool; it is a way to prepare students/technology users for a society full of technology. Digital citizenship is the norms of appropriate, responsible technology use. Too often we are seeing students as well as adults misusing and abusing technology but not sure what to do. What users do not know is important as foundations are being built. Equally important is reinforcement of what is considered appropriate technology usage.
How we should act when we are online and what should be taught to the next generation are gaining attention as more and more technology is introduced into the classroom.
This lesson focuses on the Nine Elements of Digital Citizenship. The activity uses several lessons to teach the nine elements of Digital Citizenship through group work, play presentation and script preparation, writing and performance which can be acted out or used as a Reader’s Theatre.
• Digital Citizenship Definition
• Nine Elements of Digital Citizenship
• DO’s and DON’TS of Digital Citizenship
• Cooperative Group Work Lesson
• Classification of technology Do’s and Don’ts Lesson
• Script on The Do’s and Don’ts of Digital Citizenship
• Play script writing guidelines
• Posters on the Nine Elements of Digital Citizenship
• 30+ Digital Citizenship Posters for the skit
• Evaluation Rubric
Students love acting! The lessons are engaging activities that reinforce learning through ensemble work and give-and-take teamwork with focus on speaking and writing abilities!
I am excited to share my years of experience and my wealth of knowledge in the successful exploration of adding DRAMA to your class curriculum! I have taught drama and speech for 30 years! I am also a published book author! Try using acting and drama in your class and you will be hooked!
Many teachers shy away from using drama games in their classrooms because the drama resources do not give a step by step guide in order to successfully teach the activity!
“Greetings From Marrs” activities are:
• created by a veteran drama teacher
• complete, easy to follow step-by-step instruction
• everything you will need to be able to teach exciting and valuable drama lessons to your students
• lesson plans that focus on the important information needed to successfully teach the activity
This creative drama activity supports the National Core Arts Standards and Common Core Standards.
Teachers who incorporate the arts, especially theatre, operate in an active “hands-on” and “minds-on” capacity. And, their students love it!
Any teacher, who has seen a student become excited, energized and confident through artistic exploration has seen first-hand how arts education engages children and contributes to their overall development.
The Digital Citizenship Skit and Lessons offer everything needed to provide an interesting, innovative, step-by-step lesson plan so that any teacher can confidently incorporate DRAMA and TECHNOLOGY into the classroom learning.
Thanks for visiting my TPT store! I hope you find products that excite you and your students!