Also included in
- Provide engaging, visual layers of accountability during independent reading. This independent reading accountability bundle contains SIX ways to help students grow as readers. Track reading progress, volume, book diet, and book fit while providing creative alternatives to the dreaded reading log.It$11.25$12.50Save $1.25
Looking for a way to connect with students via distance learning? To continue enhancing the classroom reading culture? To build relationships and talk about books? Try using a digital class bookshelf.
This digital class bookshelf will allow students to share what they are reading. Each student will be able to view the entire class's book selections. The template allows for up to 25 students to add "currently reading" books to the class template; however, you can add a separate slide in the document to accommodate for larger classes.
To use, simply share the Slides document with one of your classes and explain the directions, which are included. I recommend that middle and high school teachers who have more than one class create a separate document for each hour.
Allow students editing rights so that they can add information to their own personal bookshelf slide. On this slide, they can also embed a video of them "book talking" from YouTube or another online video platform.
Be creative with this digital class bookshelf, and use it to enhance literacy with distance learning. It's a great way to prioritize reading volume.
All reading. No grading.
RELATED READING CULTURE RESOURCES:
- MY READING LADDER
- BOOKFLIX READING ACTIVITY
- BOOK SPINES AND TRACKING LOG
- DIGITAL AND TRADITIONAL ONE PAGERS
- DISTANCE LEARNING READING JOURNALS
- WHY READ? RESEARCH, ACTIVITIES, AND POSTERS
- YEAR-LONG, GENRE-BASED CLASSROOM BOOK CLUB PROGRAM
Let's stay connected for updates, sales, new products, and teaching ideas!
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
©Reading and Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.