This virtual classroom economy resource for Google Slides an engaging tool that will help your students practice personal finance while having fun!
Students will learn financial vocabulary such as transaction, deposit, withdrawal, balance, and more!
Students will each receive their own digital "wallet" where they will manage their money on Google Classroom! Use this resource to increase participation, homework, classroom management, or anything you choose!
This resource can be used for individual rewards or whole class rewards!
How It Works:
- Students will earn money and choose rewards that you set for your classroom (examples included).
- Then, YOU will paste a dollar into their virtual wallet from your secret bank slide (a Google Slides presentation that they will keep separately on Google Classroom)!
- When students are ready to spend the money, they can copy and paste the dollar onto the receipt slide and write the reward they want. They must delete the money they spent from their wallet!
- They can keep track of their rewards that they purchase and use with the Reward Log. This is how you will keep track of rewards they "cash in". Note: You can also keep track of this using the Teacher Log.
- Finally, they will balance their checkbook to show how much money they have remaining after spending on a reward.
- Students can also fill out their checkbook when they earn money and type in the deposit column!
- Keep track of student bank activity on the Teacher's Ledger! You can use this log digitally or print out a paper copy.
- To use whole class, follow the same system. You can simply share one presentation with students on the interactive whiteboard or screen-share to show them the money. Complete the process as a class!
If ou have any questions feel free to send me an email! email@example.com