This is a handy guide to help you complete a close reading activity with your students. I have included an endangered animal article about elephants and all of the materials needed to conduct a close reading lesson.
Included in this resource:
1. Introduction of how to complete a close reading lesson.
2. The Main Plan printable to help you and your students go through the close reading steps.
3. Tag it Up printable to help your students understand how to annotate the text.
4. 3 versions of the Exciting Elephants article for differentiation. (4th, 5th, and 6th grade levels) Lexile Levels and Word Counts can be found on each version.
5. Text Dependent Questions broken down for use after each reading, with a bonus extension writing activity and answer keys.
6. Graphic organizers for note taking, main idea, and context clues to be used with or in stead of the text questions.
All materials can be uploaded to a variety of online platforms including: Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, Schoology, Edmodo, Notability, Seesaw, Padlet, Nearpod, Canvas, Evernote and Blackboard.