Also included in
- Study common punctuation marks with older students! This bundle will answer your students' questions regarding semicolons, colons, commas, quotation marks, apostrophes, hyphens, ellipses, and dashes.This punctuation bundle is printer-friendly and digital. You will receive Powerpoints, PDFs, editable$12.60$15.75Save $3.15
- Stop piecing together grammar lesson plans and get lifetime updates! With this complete grammar curriculum, you will have a variety of activities that span diverse grammar lessons. This bundle includes notes, graphic organizers, quizzes, tests, warm-ups, a textbook, presentations, worksheets, Color$189.99$358.43Save $168.44
- 8th Grade Grammar Lessons and Activities. Do you need to hit every language standard for eighth grade? This bundle covers every aspect of the eighth grade Common Core standards for language: verbals (gerunds, infinitives, participles), mood in verbs (subjunctive, conditional, interrogative, imperat$22.05$31.50Save $9.45
Do you need a variety of comma activities to support your secondary writers? Study commas and their uses with this editable presentation and punctuation activities.
Students will learn about using commas with introductory phrases (participial, prepositional, infinitive), dependent clauses, compound sentences, nonessential clauses, coordinate adjectives, appositive phrases, series, and natural pauses. The comma presentation is twenty slides. These comma activities include over 80 practice sentences.
✓ An editable Powerpoint presentation that gives examples and guidelines of commas.
✓ Scaffolded grammar practice. Students will practice comma use with 70 sentences. These cover the ways commas are used: phrases, clauses, series, coordinate adjectives, and natural pauses. These comma activities come in editable and non-editable formats.
✓ 10 short paragraphs. The paragraphs need commas added. You can use these as exit tickets or station work. The paragraphs come in editable and non-editable formats.
✓ An answer key.
Check the preview to see examples of the activities for comma practice.
An answer key is included for all practice sentences that will teach comma rules. The guided note sheet follows the presentation, but an answer key is not included for the note sheets.
If you need help
✓ teaching commas and comma rules
✓ explaining where to put commas
✓ engaging comma activities
. . . this comma unit will help you.
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales, updated products, and new activities.
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases.