Also included in
- ELL Newcomer Thematic Vocabulary Units are engaging and interactive, while providing students with important basic vocabulary to help them begin to tackle tasks in English. This printable and digital, Google Slides™ bundle is perfect for supporting ELL newcomers in class or distance learning. Studen$67.00$133.50Save $66.50
ELL Newcomer Thematic Vocabulary Units are engaging and interactive, while providing students with important basic vocabulary to help them begin to tackle tasks in English. They are perfect for using with technology in the classroom or in ESL distance learning. This bundle is discounted 50% off each individual unit included!
Students receive a digital picture dictionary with 20 themes, along with 20 thematic units (i.e. School Supplies, Body Parts, etc.). The activities increase in difficulty throughout each unit, from studying flashcards (with audio) to writing basic sentences with the vocabulary words.
*Take a look at the Product Preview above for a more detailed look into each resource*
- POSTER: This is a one-page poster that introduces the vocabulary words.
- INTERACTIVE FLASHCARDS: Students lift a picture to see AND hear the word for it underneath. They cover and uncover the word to practice as needed.
- DIGITAL PRACTICE PAGES (5): These provide students chances to build up from simple matching to writing with the vocabulary words. They are great for independent practice.
- INTERACTIVE MINI READER (1-2): These are simple books with repetitive sentence starters. Students drag and drop pictures or phrases into their mini reader. Students can re-read their books to build English fluency.
- PHOTOGRAPH FREE-WRITES (3-4): Students describe photographs using questions to think about and sentence stems provided. Students have space to write vocabulary as they brainstorm for their free- writing. Then, they write about the photograph.
- LISTENING COMPREHENSION CHECK: Students listen to audio of a word and then drag and drop the picture to match to the audio.
- WORD SEARCH: Students find the words for pictures based on the picture only. Having the picture only requires them to try to remember how it is spelled.
Note: Some districts cannot access audio files on Google Classroom resources. If this is the case for your students, all resources can be completed without the audio, aside from the listening comprehension check.
WHAT THE TEACHER RECEIVES:
- Google Slides™ Links for 20 Thematic Units
- Google Slides™ Link for Digital Picture Dictionary
- Teacher Directions (for sharing links with students)
- Answer Keys for Word Searches & Listening Comprehension Checks
20 VOCABULARY UNITS INCLUDED:
- School Supplies
- School Routines
- Days & Months
- Body Parts & Senses
- Daily Routines
- Sports & Activities
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Descriptions (Adjectives)
- Ocean Animals
- Shapes & Colors
- Toys (Bonus Unit, for Primary Students)
Updated 11/25/2020: An alternate way to access the audio for this resource has been added for those districts that do not allow access to audio files.