This is a complete Digital Close Reading Unit focusing on endangered animals. It will take about a month to complete the entire unit. There is no prep required and all are Common Core aligned. There are 10 articles, each with 3 levels of differentiation (grades 4, 5, and 6). Each article has a set of Key Ideas and Details Questions, Craft And Structure Questions, Integration of Ideas and Knowledge Questions and an extension question. There are 3 graphic organizers as well: Note Taking, Main Idea, and Context Clues. All work is done online!
All materials can be uploaded to a variety of online platforms including: Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, Schoology, Edmodo, Notability, Seesaw, Padlet, Nearpod, Canvas, Evernote and Blackboard.
1. The Main Plan - how to use the articles in your classroom
2. Tag it Up - how to annotate texts
3. 10 articles with 3 levels of differentiation for each
4. All articles are based on endangered animals (tigers, elephants, polar bears, mountain gorillas, narwhals, axolotls, quokkas, komodo dragons, green sea turtles and macaws)
5. Key Ideas and Details Questions for each article
6. Craft and Structure Questions for each article
7. Integration of Ideas and Knowledge Questions for each article
8. Extension Question for each article
9. Note Taking graphic organizer
10. Main Idea graphic organizer
11. Context Clues graphic organizer
12. Answer Key for each article