Do It For Johnny! The Outsiders Digital Escape Room is a cutting edge breakout game that focuses on reading comprehension, characters, and details. It allows teachers and students to engage in escape room fun, enjoy the captivating 360° view, and have the VR option. Your students will feel like they are actually in the young adult literature classic, by S.E. Hinton! You definitely should watch the preview video for this breathtaking and memorable classroom experience!
Your students will go through 8 locks to escape Ponyboy's fate as a greaser. Will he take Johnny's advice? Only your students will be able to, "Do It For Johnny!"
The Outsiders Digital Escape Room Experience
By clicking on “VIEW 360°” the digital escape room opens. There is "dramatic" theme music sound effect that makes the user feel anticipation and excitement! Your students will love the point-of-view video clip of "looking for Jay Mountain," so be sure their volume is on. By hovering over each icon in the escape room, you will see messages appear. Look for the “red start button.” This is where your students will read the scenario for their digital escape. From there on, the excitement begins!
Perfect for a classroom that has a few devices, BYOD, or 1:1
- Great for review and reinforcing skills. Promote team building, cooperative learning, and deductive reasoning
- Teacher instructions for sharing digital escape room and explanation of how to use the Virtual Reality option and 360° views. **360 views work on a Chromebook by navigating with the "touch pad." On a phone / tablet you would move the device around to see it move. VR option only works on a phone/tablet.
- There are no forced copies with this digital escape room. Just share the link provided in the download pdf file.
- Clues involved: Jigsaw puzzle, comprehension, hidden message, plot diagram / order of events, recalling details, Google Earth landmark, Gone with the Wind background, point of view video, cryptogram, and a red reveal lens.
- NEW! Red Reveal Lens! Use the red lens to view a hidden clue. This is a brand new puzzle. Never seen before!
- Designed for small groups / cooperative learning / collaborative learning.
- Digital Escape Room reflection handout and notes handout for locks.
- A certificate for your students saying, "THE OUTSIDERS: I ESCAPED, I DID IT FOR JOHNNY!"
- Complete answer keys for everything
- This digital escape room works with the novel. - Your students should have prior knowledge of the text.
What are your key questions for experiencing classroom digital escape rooms this school year? Are you planning on using one with your students?
Digital Escape Room Tip for Teachers:
Q: Do my students need Google Accounts to complete a digital escape room?
A: If you have a digital escape room from Danielle Knight, then, no. I do not require a forced copy or anyone to log into a Google Account. All of my digital escape rooms are simply, “share the Google Site link,” and go.
Teachers: PLEASE CHECK YOUR DISTRICT'S FILTER. You will need access to Google Sites, JigsawPlanet.com, ScreenCastOMatic video server, Google Forms, Google Slides, and Google Earth. I cannot fix any issues for you. Before purchasing, please check to ensure you will be able to use these sites. ALL firewall issues that occur are on your end in your school/district restrictions. It is your responsibility to ensure the links will work prior to your purchase.
-Feedback left for tech issues are solely on the buyer's merit and do not reflect the function of the classroom escape room.
This breakout game was tested extensively on a PC laptop, PC desktop, Chromebook, Mac, iPad, and LINUX.
Created by Danielle Knight, © Study All Knight 2019