Are you looking for a fun and interactive way for your students to practice musical concepts? This Digital Escape Room activity is a fun way for virtual students or small groups to apply and practice Ti-Tika/ Ti-Tiri (one eighth/ two sixteenth). This fun Digital Escape Room has students completing five tasks digitally as they explore a 360 image, then entering answers into a Google Form to escape the room (or in this case, to find their way back home from being lost at sea!)
The tasks included in the Digital Escape Room are:
- Task 1, Rhythm reading activity in YouTube: Students answer a question about the number of sounds in the first pattern
- Task 2, Watching a performance of “J’entends le moulin": Students answer a question about ti-tika in the song
- Task 3, Rhythm randomizer game: Students read 10 8-beat patterns with ti-tika, then answer a question about the number of sounds in ti-tika
- Task 4, Rhythm identification game: Students play a game in which they listen to a pattern, then identify which pattern it is
- Task 5, Coding in Scratch: Students code pattern with ti-tika, then answer a question about their coding blocks
Your students will ❤️ love ❤️ completing the tasks in this Digital Escape Room!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
❓What technology will students need to complete the escape room?
Students will need to have access to a device, and access to the internet, YouTube, and assorted websites.
❓What if my students use different language than ti-tika?
Instructions are provided for making your own Google Site, or providing links to students for the three aspects of the escape room: the 30-minute timer, the 360, and the Google Form.
❓What if my students can't access Google Sites?
Instructions are provided for creating the escape room in another platform, like Google Classroom or Schoology, by compiling the links for the three aspects of the escape room: the 30-minute timer, the 360, and the Google Form.
Check out what people are saying about this resource:
❣️"Students love being able to use technology to do an activity - especially in music class! This was well done and students learned a lot!"
❣️"What a great way to engage students! We loved this escape room! I am going to purchase the tika tika version, too. Please consider making more! :)"
Looking for more digital escape rooms? Check out these:
Please email me with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.