Also included in
- This Google slides product can be used digitally with your 4th and 5th grade students to practice reading comprehension. After the student reads the passages, a series of questions is included to show understanding of what was read. PRACTICE THESE SKILLS:•Vocabulary•Visualization•Making Inferences•M$16.50$19.75Save $3.25
Use these Poetry Reading Comprehension Passages with your 4th & 5th graders. This product is digital using Google slides and can be used in the classroom, virtually, for homeschool or tutorials.
The following reading skills have been added to the poems which may help to teach:
- New vocabulary
- Infer within the text
- Main Idea
- Figurative Language
- Point of View
- Using Text Evidence
- 5 original poems that challenge your readers with different skills. The poems are written in a variety of forms (Lyrical, Free Verse, Humorous, and Rhyming)
- Each passage is available in a short answer option. There are 5 questions for each poem. These passages are great for major state testing prep, tutorials, extra practice, homework, and more.
- Writing Reflection Page for students to complete after reading the poems.
- The answer key is included for easy grading.
- The passages can be sent separately to a student or all combined.
If you would like to receive a discount on this product, the GOOGLE SLIDES READING COMPREHENSION BUNDLE is also available in my store.
For extra practice during small groups, tutoring, extra practice, homework, or summer learning, check out the resources below.
- Comprehension Passages for Inference, Vocabulary, Figurative Language, & Sense of Humor
- Reading Passages with Comprehension Questions BUNDLE (Contains over 45 Passages)
- Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions - multiple choice for FICTION, NONFICTION, POETRY, & DRAMA
This product is best for 4th and 5th-grade students. Third-grade students can use if reading above level.
For MONTHY POETRY PRACTICE try this resource that will be great to use year-round.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at Marcy's Mayhem. For more behind-the-scenes info on these resources, teacher tips, hacks, products, and sales check out @marcys_mayhem on Instagram!