Also included in
- Imagine having your entire middle school ELA school year planned for you! This curriculum and pacing guide for 7th grade ELA includes EVERYTHING you need for an entire school year of reading, writing, learning, growth, and engagement. Simply download the PDF pacing guide and yearlong curriculum, and$250.00$331.23Save $81.23
Implement an independent reading program that actually gets kids reading whether you're in the classroom, hybrid, or remote!
Foster a love of reading in your middle school ELA classroom with this independent reading study that culminates with students writing letters to the authors of their novels. The Letters About Literature Independent Reading Program & Journal includes a 34 page digital Reading Journal with clickable tabs, expectations, goal setting lesson plans, a must-read list, a digital reading record/book shelf, a model letter, and a book talk guide. Includes a whole class bookshelf to help you celebrate reading and create a culture of readers! For teachers, detailed lesson plans and a guide for setting up an engaging Google Classroom Book Club for your students are included along with a simple Reader's Workshop slide to display so students can work independently!
The student Digital Reading Journal includes:
- Expectations for independent reading with an emphasis on finding books students LOVE
- Book frenzy/book tasting activity
- Tips for finding the just-right book
- "Must Read" virtual book shelf for students to track books they want to read during the school year along with space to record where to find the book
- Reading Record virtual book shelf to track books read and take pride in accomplishments
- Goal setting sheets
- Book Talk questionnaire
- Weekly Letters About Literature guidelines
- Google Classroom Book Club guidelines (also includes teacher tips for starting a Google Classroom Book Club along with ideas for posting)
- Six revision stations to help students polish letters to their authors
- A model letter and lesson for unpacking the qualities of an effective letter
- Rubric for easy grading
Includes everything you need to prepare students to foster a love of reading all school year. Students will love writing letters to the authors they admire!
Other engaging products from Read it. Write it. Learn it.: