This Digital Interactive Notebook for Google Slides can be used for ANY NOVEL STUDY. It's an upgraded and bigger version of the Elementary Novel Study, specifically for 8th grade through high school.
What is a Digital Interactive Notebook?
It's an editable slide with text boxes for notes and definitions, and movable parts to label, sort, or create with. They look just as gorgeous as their physical counterparts, and students will NEVER LOSE OR DAMAGE THEM!
Included in this Notebook:
• Write a short biography of the author
• Describe the setting
• Describe the author's use of imagery, citing examples from the text
• Analyze main characters
• Match characters to their descriptions (instructions and template included for creating the digital sorting cards)
• Define vocabulary words
• Write short chapter summaries
• Make inferences based on clues from the text
• Summarize key plot events and identify the main conflict and resolution
• Sort plot events into the correct sequence (instructions and template included for creating the digital sorting cards)
• Collect examples of literary devices throughout the text:
• Identify the theme of the story and support the claim with evidence from the story
• Pick a character to have a conversation with and write the exchange as a series of texts
• Write a short synopsis and review
As an added bonus, I've included several freebie templates so you can further build on your notebook! These include graphic organizers for comparing and contrasting, KWL charts, and more!
A very detailed teacher instruction powerpoint is included.
Did I mention this can be used with any story? This is an incredible resource!
Follow my store so you don't miss any new releases! Digital Interactive Notebooks are my new specialty!