Also included in
- Do you feel lost planning first grade math each week? Do you feel like you have some good pieces or parts of your math instruction, but you can't seem to fit them all in or make them all work together? Guided math workshop is for you! WHY GUIDED MATH WORKSHOP?Many teachers and districts are wanti$159.95$256.25Save $96.30
- Do you feel lost planning second grade math each week? Do you feel like you have some good pieces or parts of your math instruction, but you can't seem to fit them all in or make them all work together? Guided math workshop is for you! WHY GUIDED MATH WORKSHOP?Many teachers and districts are want$149.00$213.25Save $64.25
- Young learners make sense of their math world and numbers by talking about it! Number Talks give your kids ways to talk purposefully about numbers, addition, subtraction, fact families, true/false equations, shapes, linear measurement and data/graphs. In this large bundle you will find ALL of my m$45.00$57.50Save $12.50
First graders make sense of their math world and numbers by talking about it! This packet gives your kids ways to talk purposefully about linear measurement and the measurement standards for K-2. Get your students comfortable with distinguishing between measurable and non-measurable attributes, matching linear measurement tools with objects, ordering lengths, non-standard measurement, using a ruler to measure, and finding mistakes in linear measurements based on good attributes of accurate measuring.
Visit my blog for ideas on how I used this in my classroom.
INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE are slides with purposefully planned measurement talks to get K-2 kids talking about length, attributes and rules for measurement. There are multiple talks for each area...20 total measurement talks. Here are the categories addressed with these talks:
• measurable attributes (2)
• finding appropriate tools to measure length (2)
• ordering length of 3 objects (2)
• ordering height of 3 objects (2)
• non-standard measurement using one or two units to compare (4)
• standard measurement and estimation with rulers (4)
• Find the Mistake (measurement examples addressing the following problems with linear measurement: gaps, overlaps, straightness of units, unit size)
This product is available as an interactive powerpoint or pdf file. Plus, a main menu for easy navigation on each page! (Note: navigation links are only available in the PowerPoint file.)
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2019, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!