The Digital Mystery Word
resource will help your students practice identifying and applying their knowledge of beginning sounds while practicing blending segmented sounds together to form a CVC word!
- With Sounds (in .pptx file)
- Without Sounds (in .ppt file)
- Directions Page for the Teacher
- Mystery Word Activity with 15 mystery words, with or without sounds.
- Directions for students to read OR listen to (on version with sounds).
- Self-check option for students
How It Works:
Students identify the beginning letter sounds of each picture displayed. Then they'll drag the matching beginning sound under that picture. Finally, they'll read the word and self check to see if they figured out the correct mystery word.
Quicktime is needed to play/listen to letter names and directions. Recorded sounds only work on PowerPoint Versions 2003 or newer.
Need more digital resources for letter and sound identification? Check out the Digital Phonics Pack
and these other (included) resources:
Letter Sound Flash Cards
Letter ID Fluency
Letter Sound Fluency
Listen and Find Letter ID
Letter Style Match
Uppercase/Lowercase Letter Sort
Beginning Sound Match