Also included in
- Do you feel lost planning first grade math each week? Do you feel like you have some good pieces or parts of your math instruction, but you can't seem to fit them all in or make them all work together? Guided math workshop is for you! WHY GUIDED MATH WORKSHOP?Many teachers and districts are wanti$159.95$256.25Save $96.30
- Young learners make sense of their math world and numbers by talking about it! Number Talks give your kids ways to talk purposefully about numbers, addition, subtraction, fact families, true/false equations, shapes, linear measurement and data/graphs. In this large bundle you will find ALL of my m$45.00$57.50Save $12.50
- Do you feel lost planning second grade math each week? Do you feel like you have some good pieces or parts of your math instruction, but you can't seem to fit them all in or make them all work together? Guided math workshop is for you! WHY GUIDED MATH WORKSHOP?Many teachers and districts are want$149.00$213.25Save $64.25
First graders make sense of their math world and numbers by talking about it! This packet gives your kids ways to talk purposefully about fact families or related facts. Get your students comfortable with sharing strategies, writing notation to match their thinking, and agreeing and disagreeing in math in a friendly way!
Visit my blog for ideas on how I used this in my classroom.
INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE are slides with purposefully planned equations to get K-2 kids talking about fact families and relating addition and subtraction to solve. There are 2 or 3 equations for each "talk" and 20 total talks (that's 56 addition equations to talk about altogether!). There are 4 planned talks for each of the following categories:
• commutative property
• Relating addition and subtraction
• Change Unknowns (these math talks are slightly different in that students will be solving for box instead of the answer)
• Start Unknowns (solving for box)
• Associative Property
This product is available as an interactive powerpoint or pdf file. Plus, a main menu for easy navigation on each page! (Note: navigation links are only available in the PowerPoint file.)
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2019, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!