50% off today! Grab a free sample (CVC short a) here!
Kids LOVE being detectives! What better way to practice phonics during distance learning than using hidden pictures?
You can use these Google Slide files whole-group via video OR assign for independent work. You can even use them in your classroom once classes resume. Simply display on your whiteboard or print and laminate the hidden picture sheets!
Each phonics skill has TWO Google Slides files:
- Teacher slideshow to display when sharing your screen via video (or on your interactive whiteboard when classes resume).
- Student version where they move highlighting ovals to find the hidden pictures that follow the phonics skill. Then, they type in the words next to the pictures on the next slide. SELF-CHECKING- Students can check their answers on the answer key slides.
**I also included all of the teacher slideshows in one PPT file, for those who prefer to have them altogether. *Note: The beginning sounds version does NOT have a teacher slideshow, since kids aren't writing the picture words.
Includes over 40 sets for the following phonics skills:
•CVC - 5 sets (1 for each vowel)
•CCVC - 3 sets (l, r, s blends)
•CVCe - 4 sets (a, i, o, u)
•Digraphs - 5 sets (sh, ch, th, wh, ck)
•R-controlled Vowels (just added): 6 sets (ar, or, ar/or sort, er, ir, ur)
•Vowel Teams - 17 sets! (2 sounds of oo, y, ou, ow; ou in cloud, ow in clown; ai/ay, oi/oy, au/aw, oa/ow, ou/ow, ee, ea, ue, ui, ew, igh)
*NEW BONUS ADDITION* Suffix -s/-es
**NEW** Just added: Beginning sounds just added! Each letter of the alphabet has 3 activities, with audio directions! The alphabet set does not include typing the picture words. Instead, students trace the letter and type it 3 times.
How to Use Whole-Group:
- Introduce the phonics skill, then share your screen using Zoom or another digital platform.
- Give students a few minutes to find the hidden pictures and ask them to write the words down in a notebook or piece of paper (I recommend a notebook to keep everything organized).
- Ask them to underline or highlight the spelling feature.
- Go through the slides, one at a time. The pictures will be circled and you can show up on the screen to model writing the word using the spelling feature. Go back to the slideshow for the next word.
- To end, read the last slide together with all of the words!
How to Use for Independent Work:
- Upload the student version for the target skill to your Google classroom or secure digital platform.
- Assign to students.
- Each student version has direction slides that show what to do.
- Students will drag the highlighting ovals to find each picture that follows the phonics skill.
- Students can check their answer on the answer picture slide.
- Then, students can type the words next to the pictures on the next slide. If you want to omit this activity, simply delete those slides.
- Finally, they can check their work with the last slide, which includes the words.
Want these in BOOM cards format instead? Click below!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want my FREE weekly teaching tips and access to my FREE resource library?
Sign up here: FREE Resource Library
Want to join like-minded teachers to learn and share ideas?
Join my Facebook group here: Tejeda's Tots K-1 Teacher Group
Want to Learn More?
Visit my blog here: Tejeda's Tots
Follow me on Social Media