This digital reader's notebook is perfect for teachers wanting to go paperless AND get students excited about reading. This resource was created for use in Google Slides. Teachers can share with students through Google Classroom or through Google Drive. I have included easy to follow, visual instructions with the download to make it super simple!
Digital Reader's Notebook...Why?
- As teachers, we need to know WHAT and HOW MUCH our students are reading. Enter good, old-fashioned reading logs. I've had my students use logs in folders and notebooks and binders. Guess what happens when it's time for a reading conference? Johnny can't find his reading log! Sound familiar???
- Keeping track of reading digitally means it can't get lost. It won't disappear in the black hole known as a backpack. Suzie's little brother won't drool all over it. It's the perfect solution!
Why THIS reader's notebook?
- Digital means highly engaging. Your students will WANT to record their reading because they get to use a Chromebook, iPad, laptop, or computer.
- Each student can personalize his or her digital notebook just like a real notebook. Students can add clip-art and/or pictures to the cover to make it unique.
- It's interactive! This digital reader's notebook has lots of interactive features.
* Students drag and drop books onto genre bookshelves as they finish reading a
* To Be Read (TBR) page allows students to add titles of books they want to read in
the future. As they complete these books, students can fill in with color to visually
see what books they have completed and which ones they still need to read.
* As students read, they complete a tracking page that includes information like: title,
author, genre, readability, date started/completed, rating, and their feelings on the
* Emojis! Students will love copying and pasting emojis to show their feelings about
what they are reading.
With this resource you will receive:
- A PDF download with step-by-step instructions on how to access this product and how to share it with students.
- A link that allows you to copy the reader's notebook straight into your Google Drive.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT TO DOWNLOAD AND USE THIS PRODUCT. STUDENTS MUST ALSO HAVE GOOGLE ACCOUNTS TO ACCESS THE READER'S NOTEBOOK.
The reader's notebook includes:
- Customizable notebook cover
- Interactive genre bookshelves for students to visually track what they are reading (40 numbered books for students to drag and drop)
- Genre Cheat Sheet students can refer to for a reminder
- TBR List where students can record up to 26 titles of books they want or plan to read. (Students can duplicate this page if needed)
- Emojis. Lots and lots of emojis! Students can choose from many friendly and appropriate emojis to express their feelings about the books they read. (Did you know Google also lets students insert emojis? I've included directions on how this can be done.)
- Book tracking pages for 40 books (There is also a blank page students can duplicate over and over if more tracking pages are needed.)
I know you and your students will LOVE this product!
***Purchasing this product gives ONE teacher/classroom access. Please be advised that sharing of this product is not permitted. Additional licenses can be purchased at a discounted price.