Products in this Bundle (12)
showing 1-5 of 12 products
Digital Reading Comprehension Mini-Lessons MEGA BUNDLE: SCIENCE AND SOCIAL STUDIES For Distance Learning
Looking for an easy way to build reading comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency, all while engaging your distance learning students while they learn more about different science and social studies topics? Then this Digital Reading Comprehension Mini-Lesson MEGA BUNDLE: Science and Social Studies Bundle is for you!
This lesson kit bundle is designed to be used as part of your distance learning classroom and includes teacher files and student files.
This is a bundle of both the Science and Social Studies packs!
MORE DIGITAL CLASSROOM RESOURCES
Teacher Files include:
- Directions on how to use in your Google ™ Classroom or upload it into Microsoft 365.
- 5 Day Lesson Plan suggestions- follow the lesson plan guide or use it as needed in your classroom.
- Suggestions on how to use as part of other learning routines including small group and science.
- Answer Keys- includes answer keys for easy grading.
Student Files include:
- 6 Science Passages- This pack includes 6 nonfiction passages that are interesting and engaging for learners. They also include text features like bolded words and engaging graphics. They are written to engage your reader from beginning to end.
- 6 Social Studies Passages- This pack includes 6 nonfiction social studies themed passages that are interesting and engaging for learners. They also include text features like bolded words and engaging graphics. They are written to engage your reader from beginning to end.
- Vocabulary Practice- Help build your student’s content vocabulary with this activity page.
- Quick Questions- These questions help students cover the who, what, where, when, why, and how. Perfect for a quick spot check of comprehension.
- Reading Strategy- Help students develop a deeper understanding of text comprehension week after week with reading strategies. Students complete the graphic organizer to help work through their thinking.
- Written Response- Students take their learning forward with this written response activity. Students use the text and the text features to explain how a butterfly moves through its life cycle.
- Interactive Activity- Each pack also includes an interactive activity that students can complete to further their learning.
This File Includes:
- From Egg to Butterfly- Students learn more about how butterflies grow and change as they move through their unique life cycle. Reading strategy focus: Scientific sequence.
- A Way to Help Planet Earth- Students learn more about what they can do to help our planet. Reading strategy focus: Main Idea and details
- Plant Needs- Students learn more about the basic needs of plants. Reading Strategy focus: Author's Purpose
- Wild Weather- Students learn more about what happens when the weather gets wild or severe and how they can stay safe. Reading Strategy focus: ask and answer questions
- What's the Matter?- Students learn more about matter and how matter can go through physical or chemical changes. Reading strategy: gathering information
- Full of Energy!- Students learn more about energy and how it can be used in our everyday lives. Reading strategy: cause and effect of events
Social Studies Themes:
- Find it on the Map!- Students learn more about maps and globes. Students work to better understand physical and political maps. Reading strategy: Main idea and details.
- Citizens Make a Difference- Students learn about what a citizen is, how they can become a naturalized citizen, and what are some rights and responsibilities of citizens in a community. Reading Strategy: Author's Opinion
- First Americans- Students learn more about the first Americans and why they are an important part of American history. The article includes a spotlight on different tribes that lived in different regions of the United States and how they used the natural resources available to them to build homes, create clothing, food, and travel. Reading Strategy: compare and contrast
- Immigration- Students learn more about immigration throughout America's history and the reasons behind immigration. Reading Strategy: Text Features: Using a Timeline
- Goods and Services- Students learn more about the importance of goods and services and how we use them in our everyday lives. Students also learn about why certain goods are made, as well as how the US trades with other countries to fill needs. Reading strategy: Author's Purpose
- Government- Students learn more about America's Government and why governments are formed. Students also learn about the three levels of government: local, state, and national, and how each level provides different services to its citizens. Students also learn about the importance of taxes. Reading strategy: Ask and Answer Questions
PLEASE NOTE: due to the nature of this product, you can email this file to parents or upload them to a password-protected classroom. You may not, however, edit or change the file and or sell it for your own personal gain. This product is NOT licensed to be used in a for-profit educational classroom like Outschool.
Customer Tips: ✅
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to
login). Besides each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button.
Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly! :-)
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about my store. ☺
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
❤️ Leigh Langton from The Applicious Teacher
©Leigh A Langton, LLC at The Applicious Teacher