Digital STEM Back To School Challenges
- Google Slides™
- Internet Activities
What is Google™️ Format?
This resource is intended to be delivered by a file sharing service such as Google Drive™️, Google Classroom™️, or in the Internet 'cloud' and allows you to share assignments with your students with the intent of your students being able to access, edit, write, insert, and submit/print from any computer. I specifically use my resources in Google Classroom™️ and assign a copy to each student.
The STEM Challenges Included: (all supplies are easily found for students at home or at school and are teacher choice) Great options include: paper, junk mail, recycling, fabric...
1. Crazy Hat Day: create a hat out of supplies around you
2. Tower Time: tower out of paper and tape
3. Build a Bag: bag for art/school supplies out of items around you
4. Bridge Building: Create a bridge out of items around you
5. Make It Move: create something that moves (spins, rolls, turns, rocks, bounces...)out
of supplies around you
6. I Have A Job To Do: Job helper using items around you
7. Which Shoe Do You Choose?: create a pair of shoes using items around you
8. The Future's Bright: Create a pair of sunglasses you could wear for fun out of items around you
Why Should I Google™️?
Using technology-based assignments/assessments is the current trend in technology. Many classrooms have already converted, and many are in the process. With Google Classroom™️, teachers can give immediate feedback and push the assignments back out to students for correction. We are able to connect with students to help them find positive ways to connect virtually. It's a GREAT way to give individualized feedback and instruction, too with differentiated slides. There's no work for you! Simply digitally assign, ramp up the rigor, and watch your students amaze you!
★Accessible from any computer or device
★Can be individualized with differentiate sheets
★Highly engaging and allows for creativity
★Feedback can be almost immediate (specifically with Google Classroom™️)
How Can I Use This Resource?
When you purchase this file you will receive:
★A PDF file for printable pages if needed/desired
★Your Google Slides product link (located in the PDF file)
★An interactive Google Slides Product that students will complete online. The file can then be printed/submitted electronically for an individualized assessment.
★8 different STEM challenges with two record sheet options
★2 sheets that can be printed for options
★A challenge sheet to post the challenge of the day
★Open ended supply sheet for flexibility in supplies you would want them to use
Want More Google™️ and digital resources?