Also included in
- Sentence structure is an important part of connecting grammar to writing. Students must properly punctuate types of sentences as well as use simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex sentences with purpose. This sentence structure bundle provides a variety of tools and materials for scaffoldin$8.40$12.00Save $3.60
- This grammar bundle covers the seventh grade Common Core standards for language: phrases, clauses, types of sentences, dangling modifiers, misplaced modifiers, and coordinate adjectives. It includes nine files with PDFs AND digital work (either worksheets, task cards, or both) and presentations to i$17.42$24.89Save $7.47
- Stop piecing together middle school grammar lesson plans and get lifetime updates! With this thorough middle school grammar bundle, you will have a variety of activities that span diverse grammar lessons. This bundle includes notes, graphic organizers, quizzes, tests, warm-ups, a textbook, presentat$179.99$333.77Save $153.78
This grammar sort allows students to practice identifying the differences between simple and compound sentences. Two sheets of twenty sentences and an answer key are included. Grammar sorts work perfect as group work, station work, or individual practice. You will have a PDF version as well as a link to a Google Drive version.
When students try to identify types of sentences, they often become overwhelmed. To take a step back, I break sentences into different types. This activity asks students to decide if the sentences are simple or compound. It allows students not to worry about subordinating conjunctions or relative pronouns.
* Two sets of 20 sentences that are either simple or compound. Forty sentences total!
* An answer key for all 40 sentences.
* An answer sheet for students. You won't need this sheet if you put the sentences in an interactive grammar notebook.
Have students separate simple and compound sentences, and then discuss with them the punctuation used, the differences between the two, and the possibilities for sentence structure in their writing. This grammar sort adds perfectly to scaffolded grammar practice.
• Sentence Structure Task Cards
• Color by Grammar: Simple, Compound, Complex, Compound Complex Sentences
• Color by Grammar: Simple, Compound, and Complex Sentences Coloring Sheets
• Color by Grammar Simple and Compound Sentences Grammar Activity
A Couple Tips:
• Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales, updated products, and new activities.
• By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases.