Digital Snowy Day Google Slide Narrative Writing Prompt with Videos
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Engage students in digital writing with these fun weekly Google Slides writing projects. Students will practice common core writing with engaging prompts including narrative, informative, opinion and how to pieces throughout the year. ALL teaching videos are already included.. simply assign and go!Price $120.00Original Price $152.00Save $32.00
Engage students in writing at home with this engaging Google Slides Snowy Day narrative writing project. Perfect for a snow day, students will reply to this digital winter writing prompt and use graphic organizers to turn their notes into a full narrative writing piece.
Students will plan, draft, revise and edit an imaginative story about their Snowy Day. This activity pairs well with the book or movie, The Snowy Day, but is not needed to do the lesson. This is a great winter activity to include during digital writing time.
ALL teaching videos are already included.. simply assign and go! Excellent for digital learning, distance learning, homeschool teachers, hybrid teaching, guest teachers, student teachers and the average busy teacher!
Students will practice basic skills on Google Slides while working on this presentation. ALL TEACHING VIDEOS are included, or can be replaced with videos that you make. Simply assign, and students will be ready to go.
This unit includes 5 lessons for one week of writing.
- Monday: Introduction and Prewrite - Students will learn to add bullet points to their graphic organizer
- Tuesday: Draft - Students will write a basic topic sentence, 2 event sentences and 2 detail sentences (including adjectives, adverbs, prepositions, similes, onomatopoeia, commas, conjunctions, dialogue, and writing with a problem and solution)
- Wednesday: Draft - Students will finish their last 2 events, 2 details and add a basic closing sentence
- Thursday: Revise/Edit - Students are walked through using a basic revising and editing checklist
- Friday: Students are taught to add photos and to use a rubric to check their work before turning it in.
What you get with the download:
A PDF linking to:
- Teaching Slide
- Student Planning Template
- Student Publishing Template
This was designed for second graders, but can easily be implemented in first and third grade classrooms.
These lessons build on each other, so might go through previously covered topics rather quickly. If you would like the comprehensive resource, upgrade to the bundle.
Check out A YEAR OF DIGITAL WRITING LESSONS [a growing bundle]:
- Stellar Student Informative Writing
- Sun-Sational Summer Narrative Writing
- Stuffie Adventures Narrative Writing
- Rocking Road Trip Narrative Writing
- Flat Teacher Bitmoji Project Narrative Writing
- The Best Season Opinion Writing
- Cat vs. Dog Opinion Writing
- The BEST Candy Opinion Writing
- My Spooky Story Narrative Writing
- Pumpkins Informative Writing
- Bats Informative Writing
- My Family's Thanksgiving Personal Informative Writing
- How to Catch a Turkey Informative/How To Writing
- Turkey Escape Imaginative Narrative Writing
- Bonus: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Informative Writing Project
- Letter To Santa Opinion Writing
- My Night on the Polar Express Narrative Writing
- How to Catch an Elf Informative/How To Writing
- Love Monster Informative Writing
- The Sweetest Person Opinion Writing
- The Best Part of Me Opinion Writing
- Book Review Opinion Writing
- Animal Research Project (3 weeks of Informative Writing)
- Magazine Writing Project (4 week cumulative project - opinion, narrative, informative, how to, letter writing and more)
- Hey Little Ant Opinion Writing Project
- Insect Report Informative Writing
- A Buggy Life Narrative Writing
Looking for other digital resources?
- Second Grade Digital Let's Get Reading
- Second Grade Digital YEAR LONG Math Bundle
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Please open the preview file to see exactly what is included and ask all questions before purchasing.
Don't forget to follow me on TpT to get first access to my resources, which are always 20% off for the first 24 hours.
You can also connect with me for first access to my resources, giveaways and FREEBIES via: Email | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Teachers Pay Teachers
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.