Also included in
- Whether you want students to CONNECT with new words, WRITE with new words, or have FUN with new words, this differentiated vocabulary activities bundle is a crowd pleaser. Designed to work with any vocabulary list, these creative tasks will get your students thinking outside the box. If your classroPrice $13.00Original Price $16.75Save $3.75
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO MAKE VOCABULARY ENGAGING AND EFFECTIVE! Ready to teach vocabulary with a purpose? Tired of being tied to boring, rigid, and uninspiring vocabulary programs or workbooks? This flexible vocabulary activities bundle has everything you need to transform your vocabulary instructionPrice $74.18Original Price $90.23Save $16.05
No matter what vocabulary list your students are using, these creative, brain-based, differentiated vocabulary activities are sure to challenge their thinking! This resource contains fifteen fun activities that students can complete via Google Slides.
- 15 creative prompts that encourage students to make associations, to categorize, and to transfer their understanding
- 15 examples...one for every type of activity using a different word each time
- 1 Self-reflection activity per slide to encourage metacognition. How well do they really know these words? Compare their self-assessment to their work!
- 1 Choice board to make navigating the Google Slides document more seamless.
These vocabulary activities do not need to be graded. They are intended for formative practice. If you need to assign points for the work, just give credit for whether or not students met the requirement of the simple prompt. If students do not meet the requirement, ask them to revise and resubmit. You can easily add a basic rubric in Google Classroom or add comments to the slides.
This resource is not intended to bog anyone down - teacher or student - with unnecessary grading! It is intended to give everyone involved a better understanding of how students are connecting with their words and transferring their learning.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This resource is for any middle or high school student who needs more interaction with their words to make learning sticky! The goal is to challenge students to think from unique angles about the words they are studying so that they remember the definitions long after the unit assessment has passed.
This resource was created for ELA classes, but it can also be useful if you are teaching another subject area and looking for creative ways for students to demonstrate understanding of your course vocabulary. This free download has a sampling of the types of prompts you will find in this digital resource.
HOW CAN I USE THIS RESOURCE?
These digital vocabulary activities are versatile. Use them as bell ringers, literacy center activities, homework practice, enrichment opportunities, test review, distance learning work, and more! This resource can be used multiple times a year with a variety of word lists.
IS IT EDITABLE?
This resource is not editable. Feel free to add additional slides or to create examples based off of the templates included. You can remove slides and rearrange them.
If you are looking for more unique, challenging, differentiated, and engaging vocabulary activities, check out these related teaching tools your students will love. Meaningful and engaging vocabulary activities from Reading and Writing Haven currently include:
Differentiated resources for any word list...
- Differentiated Vocab Task Cards and Assignment
- Truth or Dare Vocabulary and Choice Board
- Fun Vocabulary Practice Activities for Any Word List
- Vocabulary Picture Association Activities
- Brain-Based Vocabulary Activities for High School, Speed Dating, Game, Continuum
- Sticky Vocabulary Game
- Get them all in this Ultimate Differentiated Vocabulary Bundle!
Vocabulary in writing activities...
- Activities for writing with any vocabulary words
- Writing about vocabulary associations
- Formal vocabulary to replace cliches
Vocabulary bell ringer units
You can find more unique ELA products by visiting my store!
Stay in touch:
A Couple Tips:
* Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales and new products!
* By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases...bonus! Plus, I'd love to hear from you.
©Reading and Writing Haven
All rights reserved by author.
Duplication limited to single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.