This is a set of digital word work activities to help students learn about CVCe words with the long a, i, o, and u sounds! Advanced students can also practice silent e with 2 "blends and digraphs" decks (CCVCe words).
These Boom Learning℠ cards can be played on any tablet, computer, laptop, or interactive whiteboard!
The practice activities include: reading and making words with silent e, sorting pictures and words, playing "I Spy," and re-ordering mixed-up sentences with silent e words.
The bundle includes:
- Introduction to Long A with Silent E deck (including an instructional video)
- Introduction to Long I with Silent E deck (including an instructional video)
- Introduction to Long O with Silent E deck (including an instructional video)
- Introduction to Long U with Silent E deck (including an instructional video)
- Mixed Long Vowels with Silent E - CVCe Words (3 decks)
- Words With Silent E + Blends And Digraphs (2 decks)
This word work resource will help you…
- Save tons of prep time (the decks are all ready to play!)
- Quickly and easily differentiate your word work instruction by assigning different decks to different students
- Get students EXCITED about practicing words and phonics patterns
- Hold students accountable for their independent word work activities
- Provide students with immediate feedback (no grading involved!)
- Stop worrying about students not being able to identify pictures - the accompanying audio will name pictures aloud for students!
What do I need in order to use Boom?
You will need:
- A computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard
- An internet browser that is less than 3 years old (OR the free BOOM app)
- A free or paid Boom account
- An internet connection that students can use on a computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard to access the Boom decks.
Since these are Boom decks, how do I get what I purchased?
When you purchase this resource, you’ll receive a PDF download. Inside the PDF you will find links to different Boom decks.
You will click each link to add each deck to your Boom library (if you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to set up a free one when you click the link).
Want to try out some Boom cards before you purchase?
to download a deck for free!
The fine print:
You are buying Boom Cards: cloud-based digital resources. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (released in the last three years). Free player apps are also available. Not sure if your browser is modern enough? Try free Boom Cards deck first.
To use Boom Cards, you must open at least a FREE Boom Learning account (just like you have to have a Google account to use Google resources). Click the links inside the product .pdf to redeem your Boom Cards and create an account (or add to your account if you already have one). Free accounts include the ability to generate student progress reports for 5 students and to make up to 5 DIY decks. Free accounts include the ability to assign Boom Cards to unlimited students (without progress reports) using the Fast Play pin option available in the Library.