Also included in
- How do we give all of our students spelling strategies that build skills beyond memorization? We need to give them tools they can apply when spelling, reading, and writing across the curriculum. Phonics-based spelling strategies are a great way to improve the way your students learn and apply spelli$135.45$150.50Save $15.05
This resource gives your students fun and engaging opportunities to play with words and develop strong foundational skills. There are thirty weeks included in this bundle, and each week focuses on a different spelling pattern. The activities include rhyming, phoneme manipulation, and word riddles. Use during whole class lessons, small group instruction, with individual students, or as independent center activities. These are ready to assign as digital Google Slides with embedded audio files that read the directions and questions to your first graders!
Check out the Scope and Sequence in the preview file for spelling patterns included. The spelling patterns and words align to the Benchmark Advance curriculum (CA + National Editions), but can be used in any classroom. If you are a Benchmark Advance 2021 Edition user, the spelling patterns will be the same, while the word lists will be slightly different (hey, it can just be some extra practice!).
✨ To have Unit 1 Week 1 emailed to you, click here.
Included in This Resource:
- Audio files that read aloud the directions and questions
- 30 weeks of spelling practice
- A different spelling focus for each week
- 3 drag-and-drop practice activities each week
- The rhyming slide asks students to read each word, sound it out, then identify the two rhyming words in each box.
- The substitution slides (2 per week) ask students to use the letter tiles to make new words.
- The word riddle slides (2 per week) are the most complex. Each riddle gives clues that relate to phonics and phonemic awareness.
Each Spelling Word Work Unit has:
- Embedded audio so you can just assign it and not have to read anything to your first graders
- The spelling focus in the lower right corner of each slide
- Interactive drag-and-drop Google Slides
- Students can self-correct with hidden answer key
What kinds of spelling patterns are covered in the units?
- Short vowels
- Long Vowels
- R-Controlled Vowels
- Silent Letters
What digital format does this come in?
This comes as interactive Google Slides. If you are a Microsoft Teams user, simply covert the file to a PowerPoint and it will be ready to use! Open the Google Slides, click File > Download as > PowerPoint and you're all set!
Do you need this resource for more than one teacher or classroom?
Sharing makes teaching so much easier! To make this easy and legal for you to share with your team, you may buy additional licenses at a discount. How? Go to your My Purchases page on TpT and find the resource. Then, click Buy Additional Licenses. This is the best way to buy for your team or grade level without violating copyright. Thank you for respecting my work!
Interested in purchasing for a whole district? I accept PO’s! Email me at email@example.com.
How can I earn credits to apply towards future purchases?
Go to your My Purchases page on TpT and find your purchased resources. You’ll see a Provide Feedback button next to each product. Click on it and you’ll be taken to a page where you can give a rating and comment. Doing so will give you TpT credits that you can use towards the cost of your future purchases.
How can I hear about new resources and sales?
Click here to follow my TpT store
Click here to join my email community
Click here to follow me on Facebook
The resources you purchase are delivered electronically. Unlike a t-shirt or a book, you can't return a PDF, PowerPoint or Google Doc, or other file. For that reason, all sales are considered final and nonrefundable. Please review resource descriptions, preview files, cover photos, and teacher reviews before purchasing.
© Markers and Minions. This product is my intellectual property. I own the resource, while you are purchasing a license to use it in your classroom with your students only. It may not be posted on a public website or shared Drive where others can download it. You may reference the resource with credit and a link given. You may not translate or resell this resource.
Markers and Minions is not affiliated, endorsed, maintained, authorized, or sponsored by, or in any way officially connected to Benchmark Education Company, Benchmark Advance, or any of their subsidiaries or affiliates. The terms “Benchmark” and “Benchmark Advance,” are the registered trademarks of their respective owners. Use of any such term by Markers and Minions is for identification purposes only and does not imply any affiliation or association with them.