Also included in
- How do we give all of our students spelling strategies that build skills beyond memorization? We need to give them tools they can apply when spelling, reading, and writing across the curriculum. Phonics-based spelling strategies are a great way to improve the way your students learn and apply spelli$117.45$130.50Save $13.05
This resource gives your students fun and engaging opportunities to play with words and develop strong foundational skills. There are 30 weeks included in this unit, and each week focuses on a different spelling pattern. The activities have students sorting words, finding the word that doesn’t belong, and solving riddles. Use during whole class lessons, small group instruction, with individual students, or as independent center activities. Digital Google Slides format.
Check out the Scope and Sequence in the preview file for spelling patterns included. The spelling patterns and words align to the Benchmark Advance curriculum, but can be used in any classroom.
✨ To have Unit 1 Week 1 emailed to you, click here.
Included in This Resource:
- 30 weeks of spelling practice
- A different spelling focus for each week
- 3 drag-and-drop practice activities each week
- The word sort slide asks students to sort their spelling words by spelling pattern or by number of syllables.
- The “trash it!” slide asks students to analyze the three words in each set to see which one does not follow the same spelling pattern.
- The word riddle slides (2 per week) are the most complex. Each riddle gives clues that relate to phonics, phonemic awareness, syllabication, and morphemes.
Each Spelling Word Work Unit has:
- The spelling focus in the lower right corner of each slide
- Interactive drag-and-drop Google Slides
- Students can self-correct with hidden answer key
What kinds of spelling patterns are covered in the units?
- Open and closed syllables
- R-controlled vowels
- Consonant -le
- Inflectional endings
- Irregular plurals
- and many more!
What digital format does this come in?
This comes as interactive Google Slides. If you are a Microsoft Teams user, simply covert the file to a PowerPoint and it will be ready to use! Open the Google Slides, click File > Download as > PowerPoint and you're all set!
Benchmark Editions this Aligns to:
- California and National Editions
- 2021/2022 Editions
- Florida Editions
Do you need this resource for more than one teacher or classroom?
Sharing makes teaching so much easier! To make this easy and legal for you to share with your team, you may buy additional licenses at a discount. How? Go to your My Purchases page on TpT and find the resource. Then, click Buy Additional Licenses. This is the best way to buy for your team or grade level without violating copyright. Thank you for respecting my work!
Interested in purchasing for a whole district? I accept PO’s! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I earn credits to apply towards future purchases?
Go to your My Purchases page on TpT and find your purchased resources. You’ll see a Provide Feedback button next to each product. Click on it and you’ll be taken to a page where you can give a rating and comment. Doing so will give you TpT credits that you can use towards the cost of your future purchases.
How can I hear about new resources and sales?
Click here to follow my TpT store
Click here to join my email community
Click here to follow me on Facebook
The resources you purchase are delivered electronically. Unlike a t-shirt or a book, you can't return a PDF, PowerPoint or Google Doc, or other file. For that reason, all sales are considered final and nonrefundable. Please review resource descriptions, preview files, cover photos, and teacher reviews before purchasing.
© Markers and Minions. This product is my intellectual property. I own the resource, while you are purchasing a license to use it in your classroom with your students only. It may not be posted on a public website or shared Drive where others can download it. You may reference the resource with credit and a link given. You may not translate or resell this resource.
Markers and Minions is not affiliated, endorsed, maintained, authorized, or sponsored by, or in any way officially connected to Benchmark Education Company, Benchmark Advance, or any of their subsidiaries or affiliates. The terms “Benchmark” and “Benchmark Advance,” are the registered trademarks of their respective owners. Use of any such term by Markers and Minions is for identification purposes only and does not imply any affiliation or association with them.