This is a set of digital word work activities for practicing CVC words + words with short vowels, blends, and digraphs.
These Boom Learning℠ cards can be played on any tablet, computer, laptop, or interactive whiteboard!
This word work resource will help you…
- Save tons of prep time (the decks are all ready to play!)
- Quickly and easily differentiate your word work instruction by assigning different decks to different students
- Get students EXCITED about practicing words and phonics patterns
- Hold students accountable for their independent word work activities
- Provide students with immediate feedback (no grading involved!)
- Stop worrying about students not being able to identify pictures - the accompanying audio will name pictures aloud for students!
This is a super bundle of the following two bundles:
- Short Vowels In CVC Words
- Short Vowels In Words With Blends and DigraphsThis bundle includes:
- 12 short a CVC decks (each deck has around 20-30 cards)
- 10 short e CVC decks
- 11 short i CVC decks
- 10 short o CVC decks
- 10 short u CVC decks
- 15 mixed vowel CVC decks
- 10 short a w/blends and digraphs decks
- 10 short e w/blends and digraphs decks
- 11 short i w/blends and digraphs decks
- 10 short o w/blends and digraphs decks
- 12 short u w/blends and digraphs decks
- 6 mixed vowels w/blends and digraphs decks
For a complete list of the decks that this resource includes, please download the PREVIEW! (If you purchased this as a growing bundle, it is now complete!)
Skills and activities include:
- Matching CVC, CCVC, CVCC, and CCVCC words to pictures (all words with short vowels and beginning/ending blends and digraphs)
- Making and manipulating words with digital “magnetic letters”
- Sorting pictures (audio is provided for picture identification)
- Sorting words
- Learning about and practicing short vowel word families (-AT, -OP, -ING, -UNK, etc.)
- Reading phonics-controlled sentences or paragraphs and demonstrating comprehension
What do I need in order to use Boom?
You will need:
- A computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard
- An internet browser that is less than 3 years old (OR the free BOOM app)
- A free or paid Boom account
- An internet connection that students can use on a computer, tablet, or interactive whiteboard to access the Boom decks.
Since these are Boom decks, how do I get what I purchased?
When you purchase this resource, you’ll receive a PDF download. Inside the PDF you will find links to different Boom decks.
You will click each link to add each deck to your Boom library (if you do not already have an account, you will be prompted to set up a free one when you click the link).
Want to try out some Boom cards before you purchase?
to download a deck for free!
The fine print:
You are buying Boom Cards: cloud-based digital resources. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (released in the last three years). Free player apps are also available. Not sure if your browser is modern enough? Try free Boom Cards deck first.
To use Boom Cards, you must open at least a FREE Boom Learning account (just like you have to have a Google account to use Google resources). Click the links inside the product .pdf to redeem your Boom Cards and create an account (or add to your account if you already have one). Free accounts include the ability to generate student progress reports for 5 students and to make up to 5 DIY decks. Free accounts include the ability to assign Boom Cards to unlimited students (without progress reports) using the Fast Play pin option available in the Library.