- If your 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade students struggle to use context clues, this bundle is going to help them master this important reading skill. This bundle includes all three sets of my Context Clue Weekly Routine Resource. Set 1 - Easiest word list ideal for 3rd GradeSet 2 - This was my original set$13.50$18.00Save $4.50
- Help your students build their vocabulary with the weekly routines included in this huge money saving bundle. With just a few minutes each day, students will get practice with the following:Using context cluesUnderstanding figurative languageLearning the meaning of Greek and Latin RootsDistinguishin$28.00$42.00Save $14.00
- Product Description
Do your students struggle to use context clues to identify the meaning of new and unknown vocabulary words? This weekly vocabulary routine will help your students expand and grow their vocabularies and feel confident in their ability to use context clues when they discover unknown words in their independent reading.
Will the words work for my students?
This resource includes a list of words that is perfect for 4th grade students. If you are not a 4th grade teacher but are looking for a similar resource? I have two additional sets with different word lists to meet your needs.
- Set 1 - Contains an easier word list and is great for 3rd Grade
- Set 3 - Contains a more challenging word list and is great for 5th Grade
How can I use this resource in my classroom?
Teachers can display the context clue of the week on a PowerPoint presentation, or print off the context clue word cards to display in their classroom. Students will engage with the context clue of the week in the following ways:
- Monday - Students will read the context clue of the week, predict what the word means and identify the type of context clue that helped them make their prediction.
- Tuesday - Students will reference a dictionary to identify the correct definition of the weekly word.
- Wednesday - Students dig deeper and consult a thesaurus to identify antonyms, synonyms, and the part of speech.
- Thursday - Students create an illustration to represent the weekly word.
- Friday - Students will create their own sentence or short paragraph using a new set of context clues to show they truly understand what the word means.
This product includes:
- 40 Context Clue Cards
- PowerPoint Presentation for Whole Group
- Student Recording Sheets
- Teacher Guide/Answer Key
- Context Clue Anchor Chart/Poster
- Digital Version created using Google Slides
Other Implementation Ideas:
- This product works great as a warm-up or part of your morning work routine
- Send this home as part of students weekly homework packet
- Place words in a vocabulary workstation
- Use as early finisher work
- You can also get all 3 sets in one money saving bundle and create a differentiated vocabulary center for your students.
What are buyers saying about this product?
- "This is fantastic! I struggle with word work every year and this is a great addition for a vocabulary component."
- "This is exactly the type of activity I was looking for to use as a bellringer/daily HW type activity for my 4th grade ELA class. The price is unbeatable!"
Love The Stellar Teacher Company? Check these out!
- Reading Response Activities
- Reading Skills and Strategies Graphic Organizers
- Reading Skills and Strategies Anchor Charts
- Reading Response Sticky Notes
- Click here to check out my blog!
- Click here to sign up to receive my newsletter. Get teaching ideas, product updates, and freebies, delivered right to your inbox.
- Click here to follow my store to be notified when new products are added.
- Click here to follow me on Instagram.
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest.